After qualifying in factory class on Saturday, July 20th, I shot a clean target in the match, albeit involved the wrong target at 440 yds. I still took fifth even with the 440 yard balloons forfeited. Something went wrong with my custom gun, so it did not qualify on Saturday.

Sunday I shot two more cleans with the 6BR Savage to win factory class. At that point, not knowing where my custom gun was zeroed, I decided to shoot the Savage in the custom class. It performed as flawlessly as it had been doing, shooting two more cleans to wind up in a four way tie for first place in custom class. IBS 600 yard targets were posted at 600 yards for the tie-breaker. After unlimited sighters for five minutes, each shooter fired five shots at the target for score. As the target runners were driving out to fetch the targets, I asked those other top shooters from around the Midwest, "Wouldn't it be funny if I beat you guys' custom guns with this factory Savage?"

"No, that wouldn't be funny at all," came a reply.

Well, I won it by two points. It was a day to be remembered for me and one that will not soon be forgotten by the custom rifle shooters. That Savage shoots!

Thanks Terry for a challenging, fun filled weekend in July up in Columbus!