Thread: Chicago-Electric polisher

Basic Member

Chicago-Electric polisher

I picked one of the Chicago-Electric 2 canister 2x's 3lb polisher/tumblers.$43 and.some change. Sure makes for some shiny brass. Had 5lbs of pins on hand, couple drops of dish soap 1/2 tsp lemi shine spin em an hour presto. Cleanest brass I've ever cleaned. Plan to build a little bigger one but this cheapo tumbler proved to me just how well this method works. Ran 3 loads today of 223 cases I've been ignoring for a while because there were approximately 300 to clean and process. This was just the boost I needed to get it started.

Worked well on larger (7rm) cases too. Don't expect it to last very long (already had a screw fall out) but like I said it was an easy way to get started without much time or money invested.
    [QUOTE=scope eye;271337]the most I have been able to fit is 90gr of H4895.[/QUOTE]

n4ue
    sixonetonoffun, cool handle.

I was given one of the single 3 lb polishers and previous to that, I made my own version that I run on my jig for impact plating bullets.
    Yep, it worked so well, I bit the bullet and bought the Thumbler's Tumbler. One thing that surprised me, was how quiet it runs. I guess that should be no surprise since there's a thick rubber liner. ha ha
    Put it on a el-cheapo digital timer set for 2 hours. (had to use a timer, 'cause it's so quiet, I'd go off and leave it running).....

Welcome to the 'addiction'.....

ron

Basic Member
    I have been debating going this route for a couple weeks now. I'm probably gonna give in today and buy one to try out I've read they do a good job on the primer pockets.

Basic Member
    Sure do. Little pins cost seems outrageous. But they last literally forever. I was so amazed how well it cleans even discolored from annealing cases come out bright and shiny.

n4ue
    Yes, there is a lot of great info on the www about this process. When you run your first batch or two, the pins will be 'cleaning' themselves. When new, they are a little dull from mfg, I suppose.
    The best thing is, being SS, you can store the pins wet and they never change. And they never wear out, unlike corn, or shell media. As more than one person has stated, you take this route because you like to tinker or are fanatical about the look of your brass. It's fun, what else do you need to say, to justify the cost? Help the economy! ha ha

ron