Thread: Can the blade part of the ACCUtrigger be removed SAFELY?

Southernfryedyankee

Can the blade part of the ACCUtrigger be removed SAFELY?

I have short stumpy fingers and I dont like the feel of it at all. I just want the trigger. Can the blade be removed without rendering the rifle unsafe?

firemachine69

Re: Can the blade part of the ACCUtrigger be removed SAFELY?

Take apart your rifle, and look at the trigger. It's pretty self-explanatory the necessity of the Accutrigger. On the flip side, many aftermarket triggers exist!

People have done it... most of them end up back here (or some other forum) complaining about their gun AD'ing on them because they a) took the safety out, and b) tried dialing it down to the ragged bottom edge of the adjustment range.

lefty o

while you've got the craputrigger apart, throw the whole pile of junk out and instal a good trigger!

Southernfryedyankee

See I really think its a good trigger and I am not 1 of those dial it all the way down till you can just look at it and it will go off. I like the slightly heavier factory setting and I feel when it breaks it breaks VERY crisp and clean. I just hate the blade part of it. I cant see how the non accutrigger is any safer without the blade than the accutrigger without the blade, if someone bumps the trigger on a non accutrigger its going to go off regardless. If someone can explain this to me I would be greatful. I do not shoot target so there is no reason for me to go low. This will NOT be a carry rifle or a field rifle.

Dadams

I did it on all of mine and I wont end up putting them back in ever, I dont have the target one but it makes the trigger alot nicer once it is removed!

Southernfryedyankee

I have 1 on my 10FCP and its an outstanding trigger I just hate the blade

CJ in WY

I like the safty aspect to the accutrigger and dont mind the way that Mauser and the Ruger VT are set up but if that accutrigger on my ppc goes click one more time the blade is history!!

Southernfryedyankee

CJ are you saying the blade is making your accutrigger malfunction?

Eric in NC

An old style "3 screw" trigger would give you what you are looking for, as would a Rifle Basix. About a 2 pound, crisp, creep free pull (which is what I like for a hunting rifle).

I think Northlander still has some 3 screw triggers or you might be able to swap someone on here your accutrigger.

CJ in WY

Naw its my trigger finger that makes it malfuntion :-[ Once in a while I will side draft the trigger and hit the main trigger before the blade is all the way back. It just goes click and I have to reset the bolt and try again.

FUZZYTX

I pulled mine out last year and have no problems whatsoever. You just need to test it thoroughly before heading out with a live round in the chamber. Cock it by closing the bolt on an empty chamber and hold the rifle vertically while dropping the buttplate on the ground. If the firing pin falls your trigger is way too light. Keep adjusting till it doesn't trigger.