Thread: savage stevens 308

sniper81

savage stevens 308

just ordered a 308 in a stevens and was wondering who makes a one piece scope base that will fit this and can a choate stock fit this rifle as well and also can i make this a detachable clip gun any info would be great

Basic Member

Re: savage stevens 308

One piece base: Ken Ferrel, and EGW are probably the most popular one piece bases. I have also used the Leupold one piece base with good success but I prefer picattany style.

Choate stock: UV, US, will both fit your rifle. If you want to make your stevens a dbm rifle, you will have to go with a custom stock. The tactical stock that choate offers is for centerfeed only.

Yes your rifle can be convereted to dbm. Talk to sharpshootersupply. they can get you all the parts and technical know-how to do the job.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

sniper81

one more question that i forgot was the only scope i have at the moment is a brand new barska 6-24x40 varmint mildot was wondering if any one has exp with this scope plan on getting a better one at a later date but for now thats all i got

powderburn

I have been looking at different bases as the std weaver bases are too short for my 2x7 redfield. I found a nice 1 pc .from ironsighter and b square also makes one . Both have a relief cut over the magazine well. Both are weaver style bases.

Basic Member

IRONSIGHTER FROM MIDWAY 13.00 YOU'LL NEED LOW RINGS

sniper81

is that choate stock a drop in or do i have to do some customization

powderburn

Thx Mark 25-06, I had read that the base was a bit higher and was debating low vs medium. i'll order in peace now.

sniper81

got that one peice rail in and was wondering if u guys put locktite on the screws for it

McKinneyMike

Quote Originally Posted by sniper81
    got that one peice rail in and was wondering if u guys put locktite on the screws for it
    I never use Loctite on any components. Quality machining rarely requires it, IMO.

Scope bases are the only screws I ever put loctite on when it comes to firearms.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

z71rat

If you decide to use Loctite on anything for a firearm... STAY AWAY FROM THE RED!! Blue Loctite is the way to go. It will release when you go to remove it without damaging the screws.

DK

Just a little tip that seems to work good for me....... sneek into the ol' lady's make up stuff and get some fingernail polish.Be sure the receiver threads are free of oil, put a little on your threads of the mount screws and install before it dries. Tighten to desired amount and allow to dry for a couple mins. They you're ready to go. It's just enough to keep screws from walking out, but releases easy enough you don't even hardly notice it's there when its time to remove.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM