Thread: Best chronograph

Basic Member

Best chronograph

Hey guys lookin to purchase a chronograph just wanna get the best bang for my buck dont wanna spend a fortune on one
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

Re: Best chronograph

Millenium! for the middle of the road in cost I think this is the one. Cant speak about the lower priced modles but this one has a lot of features you will wish you had if you go cheap. I like it because the main unit sits on the bench not on the tripod. It&#39;s what I use.

http://shootingsoftware.com/chronographs.htm

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=773378
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

dcloco

Pact with infared screens in my opinion.

Ohler 35 is probably the best, good luck finding one.

Basic Member

I&#39;ve shot over the same PACT chrono for about 25 years (with the original sky screens, beat that, LOL) but it misses some readings on the clear blue sky days. Newer sunscreens would fix that but my chrono is so old that it can&#39;t handle any upgrades. My my brother just bought a new CED and it doesn&#39;t miss anything, I was very impressed with it.
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

That1guy

I&#39;ll put up a vote for Pro Chrono digital. They say its good up to 7000FPS and Ive been happy with it for pistol. $119 + ~$60 for the light set up if you need that.

Basic Member

was lookin at the pro chrono. Does it read everything that passes? I know some dont in that price range
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

Basic Member

I had an Oehler 35P for several years. Great machine. When I saw what they were going for on E-Bay I put it up for sale and got $630.10 for it. I then bought a ProChrono digital "like new" from a member here for $70.00 and love it. Seems to do everything that the Oehler did except print out results. I have a bulk pack of Federal 22 LR&#39;s that I keep just to shoot over the chrono with my Ruger 45/22 to confirm that all is OK. The ProChrono gives me the same results as the Oehler did. I actually use the ProChrono much more often than I ever did the Oehler just because it is so easy to set up. For a retail price of around $110.00 I would highly recommend the ProChrono.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

That1guy

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat30
    was lookin at the pro chrono. Does it read everything that passes? I know some dont in that price range
    I can shoot fairly rapid fire and it reads everything. It did error twice when running some hot .357mags through it, but it was a dark range and he was using Power Pistol which has lots of flash. He backed up 2 steps and had no problems. I would suggest the Prochrono over the Shooting Chrony&#39;s for this price range anytime. (he was using his CED at the same time and we were right on with both Chrono&#39;s.)

Basic Member

Stay away from those new-fangled electronics.

Build a mechanical pendulum one like they used in the nineteenth century.

Then plug the amount it swings into your equations and report the answers in furlongs per fortnight.

Basic Member

You still use a slide rule "just because" don&#39;t you Hammer
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day- Harry Truman

Basic Member

Was given a top-of-the-line slide rule by the president of a bank, a friend of my Father, the day I entered college. That is one of the most precision-made mechanical machines I have ever seen.

What the banker didn&#39;t know was I had been hacking into the university&#39;s 360 mainframe via a 80-column card reader for about three years at that time in order to run my math and data analysis programs. Was eating up memory and disk storage space like there was no tomorrow.

Also have a top-of-the-line circular slide rule.

While in Korea about thirty years ago saw a clone of an Apple II computer that actually had an abacus built into the body of the computer. The general forman of the shift did his calculations on the abacus then entered them into the computer memory for report writing.

Slide rules are fun.

dcloco

Sorry...seller forgot to put that important info in the ad. :)

Basic Member

it was for a scale not a chrono