Hello all

I picked out a caliber for my first center fire rifle, a 7mm-08. Originally I was in a 223/243 mindset but decided a 6.5 or 7 could be my "only rifle ever" and covers everything from introducing newbies after a 22 with relatively lower recoil than other centerfires, and everything I will ever hunt being an East coaster. I like the 7mm over the 6.5 swede now due to similar ballistics but shorter action.

Along with the caliber selection and the thought that this might be my "only rifle" that will be inherited someday I really like the model 14 American Classic . However I will be able to purchase an 11 Trophy Hunter XP combo much sooner and have it set up with scope right out of the box!

Besides someday adding a better scope/rings/bases, and a walnut stock (I understand Numrich sells them) is there anything else I would have missed?

Is the barrel finished the same and the same inside and out? The receiver? The magazine? How about the bolt handle? Is there ANYTHING I may have wished I had gotten from the get-go?

Thank you!