Thread: Another DBM Question

Old Guy

Another DBM Question

I bought a Model 11 Trophy Hunter XP in .308. I'm going to switch it over to a Boyds stock. I know I need the bottom plate for the change over. But when I went on Savage's Parts Finder and entered the serial number for my rifle, I could see the bottom plate in the schematic, but it's not selectable.

So, when I call Savage to try to order the part, can I order the part by my model or do I ask for the bottom metal for a Model 10 or...

I guess the same question would apply for the metal plate for the bottom of the magazine?

Thanks for any help.

These should be the parts you need.

MAG BOTTOM, SHORT (308)MATTE (DBM) - PN: 106245 $19.00
    FRAME ASSY SHORT MATTE (DBM) - PN: 106238 $68.00

I used G901441 as a serial number to find your parts.
    youll also need to order new screws from Boyd's when you order your stock, read their fine print.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Old Guy
    Thanks!

Basic Member
    When I went from a blind mag in my #12BVSS to a DBM in a Choate stock, I too needed a bottom metal and mag.
    I just called Savage and told them what I wanted to do. The C.S. rep looked it up for me and sent the parts.
    They were the correct parts...unlike the part numbers I had looked up using a bogus serial number.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Old Guy
    I had thought about just calling them and telling them what I was doing. But even though I've heard their C.S. is really good, with my luck, I'd get the new guy telling me there's no such part for my rifle...

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.