Thread: I have a 112 savage.

gunner26

I have a 112 savage.

I have a 112 savage that I purchased in the mid 90's. Its a 300 win mag. Looking to replace the barrel, stock and trigger. Here is my problem. The trigger I think will fit this model is
    Rifle Basix Trigger SAV-2 for Savage Rifle (Black Finish) I belive is a drop in replacement for the stock one. Or am I wrong?

2nd part looking at a McMillan stock.

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/p-88-...-inletted.aspx

It says a Savage long action. So again I am assuming it will work. What floor plate outlet is on the 112?

3rd is a custom made barrel. I figured that the barrel maker can assist me in that. I was thinking of a Brux.

4th should I just forget this and buy beer, whiskey and more Ammo for my 1911's.

If you know of anything else I am over looking. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help
    Rod

Looks like you have it covered. Sav-2 trigger should drop in nicely. You have a 112 LA-SF so be sure whatever stock you gget is for SF and not CF. For a custom barrel look at Jim at Apache Gunworks. He should be able to build you a barrel on any brand blank you want and his work is top notch.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

gunner26
    Thanks

JCalhoun
    Yep, you don't have bottom metal either.

Being it's a .300WM you will need to change the bolt head if you want to go with a cartridge that is not a magnum size.

Barrels are a plenty. You have a standard shank and the sky (wallet) is the limit as we have several good barrel vendors here.

BTW, almost anything that fits a 110 with work with your 112.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire View Post
    Looks like you have it covered. Sav-2 trigger should drop in nicely. You have a 112 LA-SF so be sure whatever stock you gget is for SF and not CF. For a custom barrel look at Jim at Apache Gunworks. He should be able to build you a barrel on any brand blank you want and his work is top notch.
    I just spoke with Jim via e-mail yesterday concerning a 7.62X39 barrel. He's a bit swamped right now but thinks he'll be caught up in a month or so. He has excellent barrel prices.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.