Thread: Savage Rebates

Basic Member

Savage Rebates

For anyone looking to purchase a Savage Rifle from August 1st till Nov 30, 2014 SavageArms has a rebate program that will give you cash back. Rifles included are the Savage Axis Series as well as 10/11/16 and some of the Rimfire Models.

Check it out!!

http://www.savagearms.com/promotions/
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Basic Member
    That bites. I ordered a Axis on the 29th.

Basic Member
    Got my new Axis about 2 weeks ago so I know how you feel.

Basic Member
    I'm getting ready to order a Model 10 Predator Hunter max 1 --but I don't see it listed.
    Last edited by mikgarus; 08-07-2014 at 01:23 AM.

NO! I will not be tempted to buy another gun. I will save my money.

Besides, it runs until November. I'll be tempted then.

Basic Member
    I bought mine 3 weeks ago

skipjack
    Thanks for the info!

Just sent off my info for the rebate. 300 win mag 111 Trophy hunter xp. I also had a 5% discount coupon at purchase. :)
    Founding member of the 7MM STW Club, Member Cull Hunting Association, Best times that I had, were/are, fishing with my wife and daughter.

Dicks Sporting Goods has the Axis for $229 after rebate and the 11VT and 111 Trophy Hunter for $420 after rebate, in case you guys didn't get the sales flyer.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

rs
    Anyone know if the heavy bbl axis is included in the rebate program.

Basic Member
    Yes it is

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richhelton View Post
    Dicks Sporting Goods has the Axis for $229 after rebate and the 11VT and 111 Trophy Hunter for $420 after rebate, in case you guys didn't get the sales flyer.
    The 11VT is currently (through tomorrow) listed as $399 after rebate. However, I noticed that the 11Vt is not listed by Savage as being eligible for the rebate. When I asked about this, the salesman was very unpleasant, saying he has no control over the Savage website. I asked on the Savage Facebook page but have yet to get a response. Anyone know anything about this?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln4 View Post
    The 11VT is currently (through tomorrow) listed as $399 after rebate. However, I noticed that the 11Vt is not listed by Savage as being eligible for the rebate. When I asked about this, the salesman was very unpleasant, saying he has no control over the Savage website. I asked on the Savage Facebook page but have yet to get a response. Anyone know anything about this?
    I believe you are correct. They are offering rebates on specific models only. The website is very clear on that. I believe Dick's is lying in their ad and when you asked about it they deflected your question. It's true Dick's does not control the Savage WebSites, but to say Savage is offering a rebate on their rifle when they are not is a lie, NOT a mistake. Shameless. If they made an honest mistake, your question should have helped them correct their mistake, not make such a statement.

Basic Member
    Yeah. I left there with a really bad feeling about the whole deal. I just sent an email to Dick's Sporting Goods regarding this issue I had today. The auto reply says I should receive a real reply within two business days. I'll post if it's anything interesting...

Text of my email to Dick's Sporting Goods...

"On September 25, 2014 I was shopping in your Puyallup, Washington store. I saw that the Savage 11VT rifle was marked as $399.99, after the Savage Rifleman $75 mail in rebate. Having seen this rebate info from Savage Arms, I recalled not seeing the 11Vt listed as eligible for the rebate. I went home and confirmed online that the 11VT model was not listed as eligible for this rebate. Today (September 26, 2014 at about 1pm) I returned to the store and asked the person behind the counter about this. He then walked away from me to the register and began talking on his headset, apparently to another employee. He carried on a conversation for a moment over the headset. He then returned to me and told me that he had no control over the Savage website, and didn't know what to tell me about it. I was stunned by the attitude presented, and could only walk away telling him I hope his day got better. I was simply looking for some kind of affirmation that the rebate did in fact apply. I was left with an uneasy feeling about this rebate actually applying to the 11Vt, as well as a feeling of distrust for your business practices. I have been near to purchasing this rifle for some time, and the price listed would have enticed me into the purchase. However, after this experience, I doubt this purchase will happen. I don't think I've ever taken the time to write something like this regarding a poor experience in a business. But, I was pretty taken aback by this experience. Thank you. Tom"
    Last edited by Lincoln4; 09-26-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added text of email.

Basic Member
    And here's the reply...

"Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting DICK'S Sporting Goods.

We do sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had in our Puyallup, WA store. The associate should have been able to assist you with a better attitude. We will certainly have this addressed with the Store Manager.

In regards to the rebate, the rebate would be through Savage Firearms. To confirm that there is a rebate, please reach out to them at 413-568-7001.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-677-4771 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thank you and best regards,

Maria
    Customer Service Representative "

Basic Member
    To make a long story short, I was able to get the parts number for that rifle from Savage and then call the Consumer Rebate Company handling the promotion. Savage was closed by the time this occurred on Friday. Yes, the 11VT was eligible for the rebate. Too bad, I really wanted that rifle at $399.99... Wish that salesguy hadn't been such a DB...
    Last edited by Lincoln4; 09-29-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Basic Member
    Dang... There's at least 3 parts to that this that stinks... 1. The clerk had a bad attitude. 2. You missed out. 3. Savage is not communicating their own promotion properly. It's as if people at Savage cannot agree on what they want to include in the discount and promote, so they say it covers certain rifles only when it actually covers an unknown variety of options.

Basic Member
    When I spoke with customer service at Savage Arms, the guy said something to the effect that it was possible that DSG had that rifle put on the rebate with the rebate company. I got the feeling that if that were the case, Savage wouldn't necessarily know about it. In effect DSG was paying for the rebate instead of Savage... Weird. And unfortunate.

silverblade

Angry Savage Rebate a Scam?

I purchased a Savage Trophy Hunter at my local Dick's Sporting Goods on November 20th, 2014 after seeing the $75 rebate associated with it. The next day myself and my wife sent the rebate in (certified) with the original receipt. Today (Dec 26th) I received a post card from ATK Savage that reads "Unfortunately, your submission did not meet the official terms and condition of this offer for the following reason(s):
    1) We did not receive a sales receipt or invoice with your submission, The receipt is a requirement for this offer. Photocopies are acceptable."

When I sent my rebate in, my wife and I went over all of the requirements and we included the original receipt with our submission. We even checked everything off as we put it into the envelope.

Either whoever opened my envelope did not see the very long receipt for Dick's that I included, or ATK Savage is pulling a scam. I have 3 Savage rifles and am always telling fellow hunters at my local American Legion to get a Savage. If Savage wont even honor their rebate I will never buy a Savage again and will warn all members at the American Legion and VFW about this issue with Savage.

Anyone else have this issue? Or possibly know how I can get Savage to re-check the envelope that I sent in, because there is absolutely no doubt that the receipt was with my submission?

This is very frustrating, because I was naïve and trusted Savage, so I sent them the original receipt instead of a copy.

All I have now is the charge on my USAA credit card from Dick's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

I got mine in early December from a submission in late October. You might want to call the rebate center and check on that. I had a run-in with an EoTech rebate a year or so ago. It turned out the rebate company had made a mistake and a phone call cleared it up. You'd think the companies that actually run the rebate promotions on behalf of other companies would be 100% on managing rebates, but it appears to not be the case.

I just sent in another one last week, so we'll see how that one goes.

Basic Member
    I received my $25.00 rebate on Federal ammunition.

777funk
    It's a good deal if they keep their end of it! I sent in the rebate requirements (receipt, proof of purchase, etc.) and they certainly received it since I've already received the rebate from the MFG (Savage in this case). However, there is no rebate (the other 1/2) from Dicks. They are saying they have no record of receiving the rebate information which is absolute trash since it went to the same address (and in the same envelope) as the rebate I had received from the MFG.

Bad business. Convenient to lose the rebate form isn't it Dicks?! Won't shop there again. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice... as they say. And that's not going to happen. I'll be spreading the word.

No problem getting either of my rebates from savage here. $75 (I think) on A TH 2014 and $25 of a 93r17 2015.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

777funk
    It's been since early December (over 4 months now) and the Savage rebate made it in fine. BUT... not Dicks. I called them and they said that they show no record of it. However I called and asked for a supervisor and the supervisor called me back and said that her business only handles some of the Dick's rebates. She gave me a number to call and that person said the Dick's rebate is in processing. So... I guess it's all in who you talk to. The first two or three representatives all said that there was no record of it and that I'm out of luck. We'll see if it comes. Hopefully so.

its been 3 weeks today since i sent in my 50.00 for my savage axis hb. got a e mail aweek ago saying it was being processed.