Thread: My LRP

Basic Member

My LRP

I just bought this model 12 LRP in a 6.5 creedmore acute trigger breaks clean at 8oz. She shoots 1/2 sub MOA

nice!
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Team Savage
    Looks great, great shooting

Very nice! care to share the load you were shooting?

Basic Member
    Does the barrel copper really bad ? I owned 2 of these guns in 243 and both coppered really bad !

SKami
    Quote Originally Posted by smlzerolimit View Post
    Does the barrel copper really bad ? I owned 2 of these guns in 243 and both coppered really bad !
    Mine is a .260rem, coppers a little-not as bad as my Brownings, but accuracy seems to improve as it fouls!

Basic Member
    I don't understand the "great shooting" comments.

He missed the BullsEye by a couple of inches!!!

Basic Member
    I'm sighted in a couple inches high at 100 it's hitting where I want

Basic Member

My LRP

As far as barrel fouling haven't got to shoot much because I had to send the scope of that I bought for it. I was shooting hornady 129 SST

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshawg42 View Post
    I'm sighted in a couple inches high at 100 it's hitting where I want
    My first comment was made in jest!!!! Some folks think you should have all your shots in the center!!! My wife is one of them...

That was very good shooting.

Basic Member
    Thanks I did realize that later. I can't wait to get scope back to do some long distance shooting

Basic Member
    What's the weight of the rifle with scope and bipod?

Basic Member
    Weighs 13.6

Basic Member
    I have the same gun, but with the older style HS Precision stock. Mine shoots similar-sized groups 1/3 to 1/2 the time. But always sub-MOA. And yes, mine does copper something fierce.

Basic Member
    I have the same rifle. It will do that @ 200 yards.....it's sick man! I put the cross hair right on groundhogs teeth at 200 yard's . REDMIST

bflee
    I have had mine for a year and a half probably. Its 6.5CM and it will shoot. Havnt had an issue with copper fouling. I only shoot 140 Amax in it. The first time I shot it it shot well before I was ready! That target trigger is very light. I have learned to love it. This is my first group with it at 100 yards when I got it. You will love the target!

Anyone who loves a good shooting target gun will love one of these.
    I do field and box stand hunt with it, but you dont want to carry it too far. I used a refrigerant scale which is pretty accurate and it came in at 14 pounds 11 oz. That is a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP riding on it.

ranger56528
    Nice,Just bought a LRP in 6.5 cm myself.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bflee View Post
    I have had mine for a year and a half probably. Its 6.5CM and it will shoot. Havnt had an issue with copper fouling. I only shoot 140 Amax in it. The first time I shot it it shot well before I was ready! That target trigger is very light. I have learned to love it. This is my first group with it at 100 yards when I got it. You will love the target!

Anyone who loves a good shooting target gun will love one of these.
    I do field and box stand hunt with it, but you dont want to carry it too far. I used a refrigerant scale which is pretty accurate and it came in at 14 pounds 11 oz. That is a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP riding on it.
    You mean 5 shots and it didnt even knock over the can? At least tell us it was full.

bflee
    Yobuck,
    I havnt been to the site in a while but I wanted to let you know it was empty except for a little sand in the bottom! It didnt move a bit. I think I killed it with that first shot!

Basic Member
    Well i was just joking, but i am surprised the can stood for 5 shots. I would have bet against that.

Matt52
    Got on in 260 on the delivery truck as we speak! Can't wait!

bflee

My LRP

I have a Savage Predator Hunter in 260 to go with my LRP 6.5CM. IT IS 24" instead of the CM 26". I have been having a hard time being successful with reloading for it compared to the CM. I am about 2750 on my CM reloads and I just cant seem to get accuracy out of the 260 at higher velocities. I am gonna try the 120gr range on the 260 and see what happens. I did notice that Savage designs the CM around 140's and the 260 around 120's. It says so in the last page of the manual anyway. I use the 6.5 for target and it is awesome. I use the 260 for hunting as it is alot lighter. My CM with a Vortex PST 6-24x50 weighs right at 16 pounds with the bipod, but I still use it for box stand hunting open areas.
    If I didnt reload I would have to sell the 260!
    Factory match rounds are alot higher than the Hornady 6.5CM, and they shoot great!
    You will enjoy the LRP. It sent a few of my friends with remmy 700's home to figure out how to outshoot it. They have alot more money in theirs also!