Thread: KUDOS TO RCBS

amadjuster

KUDOS TO RCBS

I had two problems come up almost simultaneously. The decapper in my Lyman .45 ACP carbide sizing die bent to the point it could not be removed from the holder. Then the brass set screw in my RCBS .223 sizing die would not loosen because the Allen head had rounded out. I sent emails to both companies explaining what had happend and requesting prices so I could order replacement. Three days later, Lyman told me I would have to buy the recapper parts and I sent them my information and ordered. RCBS almost instantly responded with a message that they were send me new set screws free of charge based on their lifetime warranty! I discovered I would need a small pocket swager and insert for my OLD RCBS pocket swaging die as when I bought this over 30 years ago, you either got a large or small and I did not see any reason to buy a whole new set until I had tried to buy the parts I needed. I emailed RCBS again requesting the price of these parts and within an hour I received the message that they were already being shipped!

I received the RCBS set screws and a new lock nut within 2 days. Lyman is good, but RCBS rocks (I wish I had bought the RCBS carbide die but the Lyman was cheaper)!! ;D

Because of this service, I bought a new Rock Chucker press and a new Quick Change powder charger. Good customer service pays dividends.

Uncle Jack

Re: KUDOS TO RCBS

I first started dealing with RCBS (Rock Chuck Bullet Swage) back in the 60's. They were only a couple of hours drive away from Sacramento and the selection and service was worth the trip. They have always offered 1st class customer service. They were the first that I know about who would customize resizing dies for your chamber. Send or take them a couple of fired cases and they would ream and polish a die to fit.

As you stated above, they really stand behind their products. If something breaks, they fix it. No BS, no gunsmoke, they just fix it or replace it. They and Dillon are about the only folks who still do.

UK

Basic Member

contacted rcbs about my uni flow measure the canister is screwed on crooked came that way they didnt wanna replace it
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

snipecatcher

I&#39;m trying not to sound mean here, but did you use any punctuation or otherwise proper grammar when you contacted RCBS?
    -Dan

Basic Member

What do you think? Didnt think this was grammer class!!! I was making a statement
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

Basic Member

I have had RCBS replace things that I screwed up and told them it was my fault. No charge and at my door in a couple of days.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day- Harry Truman