Hello everyone,
had a terrible day at the range on saturday. I am shooting a model 11 in .308 i had replaced the factory stock with a Boyd's Tacticool stock that I had pillard and bedded. went shooting on saturday to sight in the scope and after sighting it in I noticed my shots were wandering all over the paper shot a few more times and after a few more shots every single time I cycled the bolt the accutriger would lock up like the blade, I knew something was wrong so I immediatly stopped shooting and head home to inspect the rifle. Turns out that the boyds tacticool had cracked vertically right infront of the recoil lug, the crack measures aprox 3.5 inches and goes all the way through the stock,it had cracked so violently it created a fissure in the devcon I had used for the bedding compound, the trigger issue was also explained by the stock cracking, when I removed the action to inspect the trigger i noticed there was pieces of wood in the trigger mechanism and one of those pieces had bent the trigger return spring,the adjustment spring and the leaf of the accutrigger. so my question is because i modified the stock by installing pillars and bedding the rifle do you belive Boyd's would honor their warranty on the stock? If they don't or even if they do I don't know if I would ever feel comfortable using a Boyd's stock but would be willing to give it a try. If Boyd's does not honor their warranty I am looking at other options the options i am looking at right now are the McMillar a5 the stockade prariedog special or the manners t5a or t4a what have been your experiences with these stocks and which would you preffer to own of these and why?