Thread: Savage BTVSSL .22

Gunome

Savage BTVSSL .22

Well i am finally up and runing so to speak with my new Savage BTVSSL in the very expensive cartridge of .22
    I have mounted a Vortex Crossfire 3-9x 50mm on top.

As a package it is a bloody good feeling rifle, the thumb hole stock, to me, makes your hand and wrist sit closer to natural than a standard rifle.
    After sighting it in which took all of 20 rounds, less if you trun the dials the correct way. I was achieving groups of about 30mm at 50 metres which i was very happy with.

Im still in the testing phase of rounds to see which the rifle likes the best. At a cost of around $6 for 50 rounds i can not complain with the fact i iwll get a lot of shooting from her at a very impressive cost.

I will make myself a bit of a soft shooting rest so i can spend some time exacting the groups and the feel of the rifle.
    I have not made any change ot the trigger pull and this is as it came out of the box. Eventually when i gain my confiednce and time is on my side i will look at adjusting it to see how it impatcs on the overall experience.

As i only have one rifle it would be unfair for me to not say it is my best ever purchase.

Very impressed with the feel and look.
    Savage, your the maker of a bloody good rifle. Well done.

Dingo745
    My BTVS likes CCI SV's cheap and I can get pretty good groups.
    I haven't tried more expensive ammo and depends on your primary use, whether it be hunting, target, or plinking as to what you choose.
    Good improvements are replacing bottom metal and trigger kit like Basix as I found the Accutrigger crap.

savagetoter
    That model is a very nice .22 caliber rifle. Let's see, 30mm is about 2 inches right? Were you shooting high velocity or standard velocity ammo? If you were shooting HV, try the standard velocity stuff, you might see your groups tighten up just a bit. Anyways, sounds like you have an excellent rifle, and being from a country that is known for riflemen, that is saying something! Enjoy.

Basic Member
    If you like the trigger now install an Apachee trigger kit in it and you'll love it. My BTVLSS is a fantastic rifle, I bought it to use as a trainer for my BVSS in 22-250. It's so much fun to shoot I hardly shoot the center fire anymore. I had a Mueller 4.5-14 APT X 40 on it and replaced it with a Konus Pro 6.5-25 X 44. Wish I'd bought another Mueller, IMO it's clearer. Both scopes are mil dot and will focus down to less than 10 yards.

Mine also likes CCI SV, 50 yards.

Gunome
    I was using the high velocity rounds, Remmingtons, bought a bucket of 1400 for $95 aussie. So at about 0.068 cents a round, $3.40 a box of 50 i am more than happy with grouping and costings.

I will try some other rounds and see how they go as well.

Change the trigger mechanism or other parts of the rifle, yeah one day, down the track a bit when the habbit becomes an addiction.

Cheers guys, will post up some photos of the holes one day.

fartsinpublic
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    If you like the trigger now install an Apachee trigger kit in it and you'll love it.
    I highly agree.

As do a few others: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=520772

Dale ships globally; apacheetrigger@yahoo.com

(After trying my first one, now my trigger kits arrive before the new rifle does.)

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.