Has anyone on here ever used "reduced recoil" ammunition in their Axis? I have a stock Axis (other than upgraded scope and trigger job) chambered in 308 that am thinking about letting my 13 year old nephew use this fall for Pennsylvania whitetails. He has shot a single shot 243 before and feels comfortable with the recoil it emits. He is afraid to shoot the 308 though because he feels it will be too much for him to handle. I run Hornady American Whitetail ammo in 243/308 in the rifles. I just noticed that Hornady has a "Custom Lite" for a few dollars more per box that is advertised to reduce the felt recoil from the 308 by 43%. This reduction puts the 125gr sst 308 in the same ballpark as the current 100gr Interlock btsp 243's. I know the 243 is already a good caliber for PA whitetails but if I can give him more "bang for his buck" with the same recoil as shooting the 243 wouldn't it just make sense? Am I looking too far into this? Should he stick with the 243 American Whitetail rounds? Will the 308 Custom Lites give him that much more advantage? He's a pretty good shooter for only being 13 so I'm confident his bullet placement will be good so my concern is will the lighter 308 give him the extra knock down ability over the full power 243?