Well after back and forth on cartridge choices, and playing with this trying to get it to work I finally got it assembled and cycling dummy rounds properly. So I decided to snap some pics and throw them up here.

This was originally a 516 Striker with a .473" bolt face and 308 sized blind mag. I have switched it up and am now running a .520" bolt head (modified from a .473") to accommodate the 444's rim. I also added one of my Bolt Handles. The barrel is of course from Apache Gunworks and as always Jim did a terrific job machining her. After getting the barrel, I decided that big of a round needed a brake, so I took some 304 SS and built myself one. I may have over done it on the ports, but hey more porting can't hurt right? The scope is Burris Fullfield II in 3-9x40 in Weaver Quadlock Rings. Normally I use Burris Sig Zee rings, but these were here and the right height I needed so I went with them for now.

I would have just went with the 450 Bushmaster for this build (as I already have one in carbine form and love it) but rules for regular season Deer Hunting here in Iowa have a specific list of cartridges that are legal for taking Deer with a pistol, and I needed a longer round to help it feed properly so it was either the 444 Marlin or the 460 S&W. I was on the fence as to which one until a generous individual sent me some 444 brass for free and Jim (Apache) wanted to see if this could be done so they tipped my mind towards the 444. I have always had a thing for the 44 Magnum in a revolver so this just seemed to be a sign.

I have yet to shoot it, but hoping for this weekend. Sorry for the crappy cell pics.