Thread: Nikkon bdc spot on

Luke45

Nikkon bdc spot on

Anyone had luck with this program? I typed my info into it, and it's way off. At 685 yards it was hitting with the 580 yard circle.

.29 BC, 3600 fps, 1.5" scope hight 5000 ft elevation. That's like over 25 inches off, not acceptable for coyotes. Its not me or the gun it's a consistant sub 1/2 Moa shooter.

Anything you can think of input wise that would make the program that far off? I just can't think of an input that would put the calculation 2 feet off

Luke45
    I've tested the loads drop wise from 100-400 an according to my MOA calculator it matches up absolutely perfect, but the spot on is way off from the standard MOA calculator

Basic Member
    Don't forget to enter weather!
    I doubt that it make much of a difference but there you go.

D.ID
    Also keep in mind if your using nikons BC list or an advertised BC for bullets other than berger,sierra or hornady: that certain (shall remain nameless) bullet makers are very loose with there bc numbers...........like...... wild ass guess but better than there nearest competitor type loose. Tends to muck up the math sometimes.

Also check and make sure you are using the correct BC value G1 or G7.

Luke45
    Thanks guys, I double and triple checked everything, and I've looked up the subtensions for the scope at 9x and they are so far off from a standard drop chart and my actual drop , it's almost funny-were talking 3-4 Moa off from a ballistic calculator and my actual results.

On another note, I thought I was going to use this scope for point and click coyotes, but I think I'm going to upgrade . The parallax is scary, at 300 yards if you move your head the crossairs dance around a solid 6" either way. Fine from a bench but in hunting scenario could cause misses