Thread: Considering a Edge... thoughts?

BrettSass844

Considering a Edge... thoughts?

Looking for a 223 or 22-250 and like everyone else seen the new Edge but know nothing about it. I like my 10FP a lot and have a 22mag model 93G on order now. So I want to stay with Savage. What are some thoughts? Not looking to spend a fortune on this one just for the fact that is a going to be a beat through the woods style rifle for me. So as long as it shoots good I am good with it.

lostart

Re: Considering a Edge... thoughts?

If you want to customize it, I would say to buy a stevens. They are in the same price range and you can mix and match with model 10 parts.

BrettSass844

Is that something that could be true with the Edge and is just unknown at this point?

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

ellobo

That Gunblasts article pretty much sums it up. For an entry level rifle and its intended market it seems pretty good. I consider Gunblasts as the best overall evaluator of firearms you can find on the web. I suggest that anyone with interest check it out. A rifle does not have to be beautiful to be good, it just has to shoot well and it seems the edge does.

El Lobo

borg

Quote Originally Posted by ellobo
    That Gunblasts article pretty much sums it up. For an entry level rifle and its intended market it seems pretty good. I consider Gunblasts as the best overall evaluator of firearms you can find on the web. I suggest that anyone with interest check it out. ...
    I agree. He seems to like everything he tests, but if I had his job I would too.

BrettSass844

Does bass pro have them? I will be down by the one in cincinnati tomorrow

ellobo

I agree. He seems to like everything he tests, but if I had his job I would too.
    [/quote]

Well, consider that those that send him guns to evaluate will send one they know works OK. He doesnt go out and buy most of them. Doesnt he denigrate one model Remmington in the same article?
    El Lobo

borg

Quote Originally Posted by ellobo

Well, consider that those that send him guns to evaluate will send one they know works OK. He doesnt go out and buy most of them. Doesnt he denigrate one model Remmington in the same article?
    El Lobo
    That doesn't count. If he didn't rip on the 770 his credibility would be shot. They could be sweet shooters for all I know. What I do know is that everyone I've ever heard mention them says there are better guns to be had for the same price.

I don't know if they send him one they know is good or not, but I'm guessing that is what they do. What I do know is that if people sent me guns to test, I would shoot them and then write reviews telling all of you to run out and buy one. And I think I would be happy.

kayaker

Dunno about that recoil lug set-up?
    Might be a bugger to bed it....but I guess its bedded already as a separate unit?

Basic Member

I've had one in my hands and scattered about the work bench. Spend a few more bucks and buy a Stevens 200.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."