Thread: New rifle on the way!

New rifle on the way!

So I ordered a new rifle to add to the list. So my 30-06 will have a little brother... I'm getting a 12 FLV in 223!!! It was an easy decision because I reload 223 for my AR...

Basic Member
    I just ordered the same rifle Thursday! Kinda weird but I hope it's a shooter.

Well I can tell you from my last the stock sucks... I may pull the barrel and replace lug/bolt but thats in time

Basic Member
    Well I've already placed an order with Manners so that should be no problem. I also have a PTG bottom metal here as well.

I just ordered scope/mounts cleaning rod and bipod today!

Basic Member
    Where did you order yours from?

Black bear sporting goods... http://www.blackbearsportinggoods.com/default.asp Got the Bushnell legend scope for $222... Its basically 300 everywhere else... Got that, Leupold mounts and rings for 40, Dewey rod for 28, and the bi pod was the only thing the price was close to others at 106... and free shipping! I had ordered my last scope from there and they were great, had to call them about something and they were very helpful!

Or did you mean my rifle?

Basic Member
    I meant the rifle

Sarco in Easton PA.... Chuck there is awesome

Basic Member
    What did you end up spending if you don't mind me asking

605 plus tax... only 5 bucks for the transfer... I could have saved some money doing it another way but quite frankly the service and guidance I have gotten from them at Sarco is well worth it... He has helped me with load development... I am baffled how he was spot on with a 30-06 load that has proven true on two different barrels now...

Basic Member
    Not bad, I wouldn't mind spending a little extra at a place that's willing to help. Unfortunately I haven't found a place that I like that much, all the places I've been seems to be more about the dollar than the customer. I ordered mine off buds, ended up about $560 and it'll be $20 for the transfer.

Cheaper than dirt had it for 530 with free shipping, no taxes... But it would cost a minimum of 50 bucks to have transferred...

Chuck was also a savage rep for many years and is a gunsmith... So there is a lot of experience that i would love to have shared!

Basic Member
    I don't care how cheap it is at "Cheaper Than Dirt" I will never do business with them again.

Why not?

Basic Member
    When the scare hit they went crazy with their price gouging. They are not the only ones that lost my business because of it. Surplus Ammo & Arms lost my business as well, they were local to me at the time of the scare.

I had heard that... I only wonder if the keep such limited supply that their prices are closer to real time than others... However where others, like Cabelas, just chose to run out of stock instead of riding the rollercoaster, they chose to maintain supply at whatever cost...

A little bit of devils advocate there, but you have to wonder what happened on the other side....

Basic Member
    I can't imagine that CTD keeps a low stock on something like magazines, they have multiple warehouses. Even if they were short on stock does it justify $90+ for a PMAG? I can understand the little stores jump their prices up due to higher demand with lower supply, if they don't they'll likely run out of income. I don't think that it justifies it though, seems like the same thing happens every 4 years, if it were me I'd plan ahead...

badmutha6
    I'm with you guys on CTD, they won't get my money again after the gouging. Hope it was worth it to them because I'm sure they've lost a lot of business. Sorry to see a Texas company do that.

q tip
    I agree whole heartedly about CTD. Horrendous gouging. I'll quit shooting before I buy there

Yeah... on second thought glad I didn't go that route. ..

As a side note... scope and bipod in today... rifle should be in friday!!!