So it appears that MI has finally started making a few good changes (along with a few bad ones) and is now going to allow the use of straight walled "pistol" cartridges in rifles in the now Shotgun/Muzzleloader/Archery restricted lower portion of the state. The only requirements are 35 cal or larger....1.16" minimum CASE length and 1.8" maximum CASE length. Which means I NEED a new rifle (right?).

I actually do 99% of my deer hunting in the northern part of the state that allows modern rifles, but I do occasionally take a walk out the back door now and then where I live in the southern part...usually with a shotgun. But a new straight walled rifle would be a fun addition...I actually already have a Marlin in 44 Mag and have killed deer with it in the past out west, but the rifle is on what has turned into a permanent loan to my father...LOL. So I am asking for input, what should I get? My parameters are this, I want a lever gun (would consider a single shot in a Ruger #1 or Browning 78)...I own a 454 Casull so have some ammo for that and some 45LC....and I also have a couple 357's so also have some components there as well. I am leaning towards a 45LC in a Marlin....any other ideas?