Thread: 146 since Oct......

Basic Member

146 since Oct......

Coyotes that is.
    Not a savage one this early AM, but most have been when Im day calling.
    My pal got off 2 shots, but in that spot the grasses were 3-5' tall, like a jungle we could not find it.
    I told him he dropped it as I heard the thwap and watched it in the thermal, but that tall CRP grass just s**cked looking for it.
    We had 3 in that spot barking at us like they didn't want us there I guess...hahaa
    We stopped in this spot as we have always taken 1-2 out of here due to the terrain & area, its a perfect spot for them w/easy ranch access.
    Dropped this 32LB white tipped tail, fat male at about 106 yards.
    He came in on the trot and spun and gave me a skinny chest spot & my 55g vmax handload dropped it on the spot.

Nice. Even if it is with a black rifle . Wish we had better terrain around here for them, 8ft tall corn everywhere makes it impossible.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

146, wow. Brings new meaning to the term dog pile. You gotta figure you saved at least that many fawns. Nice job!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire View Post
    Nice. Even if it is with a black rifle . Wish we had better terrain around here for them, 8ft tall corn everywhere makes it impossible.
    Yup same down here w/the corn. Even though the corn crops look perfect for coyote that are in them mousing we wont even try to shoot in them until its cut and a lot shorter.
    The hay crops are in process of being cut on many of the ranches and more than perfect for coyotes that are coming into them looking for dead rabbits/birds caught in the cutting.
    We still have lots of moisture and rains that are making it a good year for crops/varmints/large game/rabbits/bugs that feed in them.

WoW your my new Idol, sorry Frank you have been replaced.LOL

Spanky
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.