I have an aftermarket 7 twist SS bull barrel that seems to heat up rather fast, have any of you had this issue before? It will shoot a 3 shot bug hole then POI seems to change, it's under MOA though but I wasn't expecting fast heating issue out of a .223. Could it be that the barrel needs more break in? Or the twist is too fast? I've probably have 150 rounds through it. I shot OCW with 75 grain Hornady BTHP and Varget Min. to Max. with no pressure signs and settled at 23.1 grains of Varget shot real well in the test but was no good for match's. I also tried 69 SMK with AA2495 21-24.5 grain's with no pressure signs and settled on 21. Went out today with my kids and I shot the first 3 rounds of the 69 SMK load into a .213 group. We took are time and shot 20 rounds in 45 minutes. No groups over 1 inch at 100 yards but POI did change and barrel was still pretty warm when we got home about 20 minutes later. Just for reference I was getting 2830 fps with 23.1 of Varget and 75 Hornady Match bullet with Lapua brass.

Any help would be great,

Dan