Thread: Problem Feeding from DBM

Problem Feeding from DBM

Hey all, this is my first post to this forum so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have Model 10P with accutrigger, synthetic stock and dbm.

http://www.impactguns.com/savage-10p...356220752.aspx

So I had a gunsmith replace the recoil lug with a factory accustock recoil lug purchased off of midway and put the rifle into an accustock I pruchased from ebay. This is the second gen model with/out the accuwedge. So the issue is, when i push the bolt forward the round springs/jumps up and will jam or hang in the chamber at which time I can't close the bolt. But If I back off the bolt just a little, the round will settle and the bolt will close just fine.

Thanks,

Try running the bolt harder/faster.

I sometimes experience similar issues when doing things slowly in my rifle using CDI DBM and AICS magazines.

IMO, a not uncommon issue with Savages.

Thanks for the response. I noticed that there is a sweet spot when it comes to running the bolt, too slow or fast and the round jams up. I can't tell what it's hanging on, almost looks like the tip of the round is hitting where the rifling begins but that doesn't seem right since the chamber is so tight. I really think it's the magazine, if I place a round just outside the mag lips and run the bolt it goes in smoothly. But when the round exits the mag lips it gets kicked up and that's when the problem starts. Feels like the mags are a weak design.