Thread: Sav 10FCP Accu-Trigger replacement

Sav 10FCP Accu-Trigger replacement

O.K.....I just had my first malfunction of the AT. What is a recommended aftermarket replacement. I have found the Timney and have had very good service with their AR trigger in LR308. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thanks
    [B][I][U]" We have met the enemy.... and he is us ! "[/U][/I][/B][I] (POGO)[/I]

What kind of malfunction?
    Savage 10 FCP-K with Bushnell 3.5-21x50 scope, lots of SIG Pistols.

Basic Member
    I have tried Rifle Basix Sav-1 and Sharp Shooter Supply Competition Trigger. Both are very good for hunting, going down to 1.5 lbs or so. I prefer the SSS Comp Trigger. Very close in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
    What kind of malfunction?
    Cycle the bolt, chamber a round, pull the trigger and it "snaps" but does not fire. I have about 200 rounds thru the rifle to date. I have not made any adjustment at all to the trigger, it is the "factory setting". I bought the gun new.
    Thanks, KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kkern View Post
    Cycle the bolt, chamber a round, pull the trigger and it "snaps" but does not fire. I have about 200 rounds thru the rifle to date. I have not made any adjustment at all to the trigger, it is the "factory setting". I bought the gun new.
    Thanks, KK
    call savage pls.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member
    With my limited understanding of the AT, it sounds like the blade was pulled off center. Perhaps your finger pushed it a little to one side, if not the Rifle Basix SAV-2 has worked well for me.

Before you call Savage try adjusting the trigger to a little heavier pull weight. They have been known to come out of adjustment rather quickly.
    If it is the adjustment when you get it where you want it put a drop of nail polish on the screw that will keep it in place.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member
    By design, if the "blade" is not pulled fully to the rear before the trigger is pulled, it will do that. If you intentionally press the trigger from the side without touching the blade you will do this every time. It is a safety feature that some people seem to have trouble with, either because they do not use proper form when pressing the trigger or, perhaps, their fingers are "fat" or something and cannot help but push the trigger from the side.

OK....I pulled the stock off and inspected the trigger group and found no problem there however, I did find that the main screw holding the bolt handle was backed out about 4 or 5 turns. I used a 1/4" Allen wrench and tightened it hand tight. Reinstalled and cycled the action and the AT worked fine. I have not had a chance to get out to shoot since making this correction, but I it will watch it closely when I do. Hopefully this has solved my problem.
    KK