Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle Basix SAV-2 vs SSS Competition Trigger

If you have a good bathroom scale, observe your weight then stand on it holding your rifle, that will give you a rough ball park of rifle weight.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokndav View Post
    I have the Rifle Basix SAV-2 in both model 12s I have and love them. I do mostly bench rest shooting so set at around 8oz. works for me.
    The trigger now comes mostly assembled so a little less work in getting it mounted but the sear return spring can be hard to get into place. I made a tool out of an old screwdriver that makes is much easier.
    Can you post a pic of tool you made?

Basic Member
    No mentions of.the Timney. Any reasons in particular? I like the looks of the nickled one but at the last minute settled on an Axis II for its accu-trigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixonetonoffun View Post
    No mentions of.the Timney. Any reasons in particular? I like the looks of the nickled one but at the last minute settled on an Axis II for its accu-trigger.
    I don't think Timney has a trigger comparable to the RB SAV-2. At least not one that I've seen.

michaelnel
    I installed a SAV-2 in my .308 Model 10FCP HS-Precision the same day I bought the rifle. The instructional video is detailed, but leaves unanswered questions. Ultimately there was some fitting required (the SAV-2 bracket would not slide far enough back in the receiver to get the pin through) and a LOT of fiddling with the screws. But now it has an ultra crisp break at about 1 1/4 lbs with no overtravel and no slam fires, and the safety works perfectly. For right now I don't feel I need the pull any lighter than it is.

michaelnel
    All you need is a piece of mechanic's wire or even coathanger wire, bend about a 1/4" radius curve in the end. It shows how to use the tool in the installation video.

EDIT: Ooops! Wrong spring and wrong tool above. For the sear spring I just used a bamboo chopstick to push the coil of the spring into the right location, then pushed the pin through from the other side with my finger. The wood tool has the advantage of not scratching or marring anything, and it is also less likely to slip under pressure than a hard metal tool.
    Last edited by michaelnel; 08-03-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12