Thread: Foxx build pics

Basic Member

Foxx build pics

Posting these for foxx

Last edited by limige; 07-15-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Basic Member
    Thanks, Mike.

This is a build I did for a friend of mine. It was an anniversary present for his wife.

It started out as an old plastic stocked blind mag 110 in 30-06. His wife wanted a matte-finished 308 in Walnut with DBM... I came across this stock, thought it was nice but did not have the right model with the old style DBM with mag release button in the side of the stock. By hook or crook I got used parts from Fred at SSS and started converting it over. Took a little bit of grinding and cutting with a dremel to make it fit, but eventually got the mag to work. Next, I had Fred bead blast al the metal and then I Duracoated it Matte black with a little extra flattening agent. Cut the stock down 3/4inch, ground and sanded the recoil pad, replaced it, stripped the stock, sanded and stained dark walnut... Used Tru oil and Armor-All for the finish, then rubbed pumice into the stock to get a more satin finish. The black end cap is just Matte Black Duracoat. Finally, I kinda jerry-rigged a used accutrigger. It's not adjustable, but I replaced the blade spring with a spring out of a pen, used the original blade spring for a trigger spring, cut a few coils off until it was 1.5 lbs then jb welded the spring to the bottom of the action. When I was done I had a non adjustable Accutrigger at 1.5 lbs. Not bad.

Oh, it's also pillarred and bedded.

As an afterthought, I added a Nikon 3-9 I took off a Trophy Hunter XP and Duracoated it to match the rest.

Finally, I made up some loads and got 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds with Varget and 150g NBT's. I was thrilled with that. Knew they would be, too.

So, as it turns out, I think it's pretty and a shooter, just like his wife! :)
    Last edited by foxx; 07-15-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Basic Member
    That turned out real nice,Foxx.
    I bet she will really enjoy that rifle.

Basic Member
    Thanks, Tex. I'm just a hack, but I am learning. :)

Basic Member
    Very.classicly done! Sounds like you put in a lot of time to bring it in on budget. Your a good friend indeed.

Basic Member
    Well, his budget was $400... It cost me a bit more than that, but not a lot. Don't really know what I paid for the scope. Hard to figure what the trigger cost me, too. Maybe total was $520??? I don't know. Had a lot of fun with it, anyhow. I owe him a lot more than that, besides. But he ain't the kind to keep tabs.

Basic Member
    Came out real well! I really like that stock and the over all look of the rig