Columbus Sportsman’s Association
2nd. Annual Balloon Shoot
July 19th, 20th, and 21st.
To All
These are my current thoughts. I welcome your input. I want to make this something we can all enjoy for many years. We will start simple and expand it from there. If you see something that needs changed please contact me at 608-577-5193 or by email.
Friday July 19th. Practice Day Range open 12 noon -5 pm.
Saturday July 20th. Day 1 Shoot Factory and Custom Classes
Sunday July 21th. Day 2 Shoot Factory and Custom Classes
Payouts daily for completed matches. Lunch available at range 20th. and 21st.
Factory Class: Factory stock, barrel, action and trigger. Blueprinting, timing and truing of actions permitted.
Re-crowning of barrels permitted. Bedding of actions permitted. No other modifications permitted. No custom shop or specialty rifles (i.e. Cooper, Dakota, Bear, etc.)

Custom Class: All others

Shooting: Contestant, scorers, and spotters permitted on the firing line during relays. Top 10 scores go to the shoot off using the same balloons. Contestant and scorers only during shoot offs. 15 Minute relays. Ties broken by 5 shots for score at 600 yards. Entries limited to twice per class. $25.00 per entry. 50% of net payout paid 5 places, 25%, 10%, 5%, 5%, and 5%.

Balloons: 4@309, 5@440, and 5@540 14 balloons 17 rounds of ammo. 4” minimum balloon size.
Balloons held in netting.

Hotels: Columbus – Super 8, Sun Prairie – Several, Beaver Dam – Several

Restaurants: Buck & Honey’s in Sun Prairie may be the best in the area. The Oak Tree in Columbus good food.
Ming’s Chinese Buffet in Beaver Dam, very good, US and Chinese food, room for big groups.