Thread: 260 rem 575 yards

Basic Member

260 rem 575 yards

The shooting is not that impressive but the camera is! My son took this video of me shooting my 260. We were just fooling around. He just hand held the camera. The target is a 66% ipsc. The head is 4"x4" with a 2" flapper.

Team Savage
    Outstanding

Basic Member
    Thats sweet! What camera is it?

Luke45
    Awesome, looks like where I used to elk hunt . Is that the coast range or cascades?

Looks pretty impressive to me. Great shooting!

Basic Member
    Nice spot to shoot. Lots of good targets over there to get that young boy started on. A spot on a stump or a rock works for those
    of us not interested in the sound of steel hits. Also for those of us lacking the ambition to go put up targets. Clay bird targets are
    also great fun for kids to shoot at those type distances with 223s. Getting into and shooting from a prone position can be challenging
    for young kids. At a point in your life it becomes challenging all over again lol. There fortunatly are options, and one of the good ones
    would be a product like the Ultimate Tripod made by the Mcfadden machine co of Blairsville pa. With one of those your young boy will
    be challenging you in a very short period of time. Trust me on that.

Basic Member
    To answer a few questions 1- the camera is a Canon Powershot SX50. It is truely amazing, 50 power zoom with a lens no bigger than a regular 50 mm lens! He didn't use a tripod, he was just holding the camera. 2- You got it Luke, its the western slope of the Cascades. Its a little spot we go to (my boys and my grand kids and me). We can only get out to 575ish yards there but it really good for the grand kids and I have a lot of fun with them. 3- Yobuck, I know what your saying about packing the steel, but there is a road that runs through the clear cut that goes out to a landing, so we drive up there. We have steel set out all the way back down the hill, you just can't see them in the video. Oh yah the grand kids are going to be shooters! Drybean and Stomp, thanks. The rifle is is the one that Savage Custom Shop put together for me last year. My boy didn't take all of video but there is 3 head shots there after I got dialed that are like 1/3 moa.
    Last edited by chukarmandoo; 07-12-2014 at 02:50 PM.