Thread: DBM Bottom Metal Poll...

Basic Member

DBM Bottom Metal Poll...

OK...most of us use CDI because it seems like they are the only game in town that makes a flush mount (which seems to be the preference) DBM Bottom Metal...

Along comes PTG with there version although its far from flush and frankly IMHO opinion a little on the fugly side...but at about 1/2 the price point of CDI, not to bash CDI he makes some very good DBM I own 2, but $$$ is $$$ and PTG makes some ****ed nice stuff...too...

PTG does however make a flush mount for the 700...here...for $99.00 for the long and short action Remington 700...

I just got off the phone with PTG...they seemed interested in making a flush mount for us but brought out the "sure we'll make it if you want 1000 of them" argument...I pointed out that it was my opinion that people over at Savage Shooters would be interested in such a animal as the FLUSH MOUNT DBM that accepts AICS mags for Savage LA and SA...

So what say the tribe of Savages?

I'm going to let this run for a week or so to gather responses then send them a link to it to show them there is a real interest in this...

HoytFlinger
    Well I tried the same type of thread yesterday about CG Extreme Two - Stage triggers. No luck on it, but I wouldn't mind seeing PT&G make the DBM.

Basic Member
    I just called ptg and the said they dont make a dbm for the 4.27 spacing. Id like them to start there.

Basic Member
    For sure! I bought a ptg for my win 70. Wish they would make a better savage one. Some stock companies are in letting for the CDI so it would help if the in letting was the same.

Still unclear if the PTG Stealth will fit a Savage factory DBM inlet or not.

paul90
    ---
    Last edited by paul90; 01-18-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Basic Member
    I have the PTG stealth on my model 11 243. Very disappointed. The AICS mags fit real sloppy. There's so much play that the mag doesn't even feed most of the time.

paul90
    ---
    Last edited by paul90; 01-18-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul90 View Post
    I haven't had feeding problems, just couldn't pull the trigger till the bottom metal was cut to fit around the trigger mechanism.

Their customer service is terrible.

How was your experience with their customer service?

Their customer service was awful. They never had any answers and they were rude.

I had to notch the trigger guard so the trigger would function as well. I didn't even mind that. What I do mind is that the mag drops almost a 1/4" after being inserted which causes the rounds to be driven directly into the feed ramp. There's no more room to inlet to make the bottom metal sit higher to compensate for the drop. If I push up on the mag after inserting it feeds great...I can only assume that the mag well was machined way to large or the notch for the mag catch is too low or too shallow.

Did I mention that the cheap little spring that puts tension on the mag catch popped out a dozen times?

Sometimes you get what you pay for, I guess.

....needless to say PTG doesn't care......

paul90
    ---
    Last edited by paul90; 01-18-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Basic Member
    [QUOTE=CAPTBEACH;270230]OK...most of us use CDI because it seems like they are the only game in town that makes a flush mount (which seems to be the preference) DBM Bottom Metal...
    [QUOTE]

I need some schooling here...
    I just dropped the action from my #12BVSS (blind mag) into a Choate Tacticle stock. I called Savage and ordered a SS bottom metal ($80) & mag ($50) It went together and functions perfectly.
    Why do you consider CDI or PTG the only game in town?
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

paul90
    ---
    Last edited by paul90; 01-18-2015 at 06:40 PM.