OK...most of us use CDI because it seems like they are the only game in town that makes a flush mount (which seems to be the preference) DBM Bottom Metal...

Along comes PTG with there version although its far from flush and frankly IMHO opinion a little on the fugly side...but at about 1/2 the price point of CDI, not to bash CDI he makes some very good DBM I own 2, but $$$ is $$$ and PTG makes some ****ed nice stuff...too...

PTG does however make a flush mount for the 700...here...for $99.00 for the long and short action Remington 700...

I just got off the phone with PTG...they seemed interested in making a flush mount for us but brought out the "sure we'll make it if you want 1000 of them" argument...I pointed out that it was my opinion that people over at Savage Shooters would be interested in such a animal as the FLUSH MOUNT DBM that accepts AICS mags for Savage LA and SA...

So what say the tribe of Savages?

I'm going to let this run for a week or so to gather responses then send them a link to it to show them there is a real interest in this...