Thread: Need HELP! Savage 170 series B

HAWGHEAD

Need HELP! Savage 170 series B

Hello, I have recently acquired a Savage 170 series B in 35 Rem; The rifles really clean and in good cosmetic shape. I chambered a fresh cartridge with no flaws when I pulled the slide back the cartridge had no pressure from the extractors therefore it laid on top of the next cartridge like a beached whale. Thinking extractor problems, I pulled the bolt and noticed that the extractors were so far away from the rim there's no way the extractors could hold the cartridge to the bolt face tightly and stay in place to let the ejector kick it out. So I order left and right extractors, extractor springs and plungers (not sure if I'm allowed to say from where?) I get the parts, the springs are correct, the plungers? I had to use the old ones, But the extractors are still too far away from the rim even after trying to do some fitting. All the fitting in the world, I don't think, would work for those to be usable. I rechecked my order and all pictures and numbers match. The inside extractor matched the original but the eject side extractor was mangled by previous owner? So I couldnt compare. All help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Ouch, not sure why they are so long on your bolt.

I have a 170 in 35 Rem here as well, if you need some measurements or pics let me know.
    Savage- "never say never".

HAWGHEAD
    That would be great! Thank you so much! a pic of your extractor and some measurements would be awesome! Distance between the points of the extractors at the tip of the claw. And distance from bolt face to claw of the extractor might just keep me from going crazy. Thank You.