Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Reloading. About to "Pull the Trigger"

emtrescue6

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    After you reach a certain age and after you've been married a few times and the kids are grown, you look forward to being at the opposite end of the house from the 'lil woman. Especially after she reaches a certain point in her hormonal cycle.
    The door on my reload room locks from the inside, too.
    Hell, I've only been married a lil over 10 years...my reloading room is located in the barn, about 100 yards from the house...the barn and the reloading room both lock from the inside ...and of course, no phones allowed in the room, gotta remove all distractions ya know

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    Hell, I've only been married a lil over 10 years...my reloading room is located in the barn, about 100 yards from the house...the barn and the reloading room both lock from the inside ...and of course, no phones allowed in the room, gotta remove all distractions ya know
    I wouldn't recommend divorce as a way to "remove a distraction" unless you have either a real good lawyer or a less than intelligent 'ol lady.

I got lucky a few times. Mostly using the less than intelligent 'ol lady method. My current 'ol lady is a different story. Florida redneck gals are pretty tough. Considering she worked on a dairy farm most of her early years, I'm concerned I'll end up wearing my ass for a hat.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

After you reach a certain age and after you've been married a few times and the kids are grown, you look forward to being at the opposite end of the house from the 'lil woman. Especially after she reaches a certain point in her hormonal cycle.
    The door on my reload room locks from the inside, too.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>>>>OLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Aint that the truth.
    Ive already had a "come to Jesus meeting" with the miss,s about not bothering/looking/talking/venting/snipping/comming near me when Im reloading.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

My room is in the basement no locks just lite my CIGAR while getting set up let burn a little in the ash tray, no one enters the room. Works every time.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

emtrescue6
    I wouldn't recommend divorce as a way to "remove a distraction" unless you have either a real good lawyer or a less than intelligent 'ol lady.

I got lucky a few times. Mostly using the less than intelligent 'ol lady method. My current 'ol lady is a different story. Florida redneck gals are pretty tough. Considering she worked on a dairy farm most of her early years, I'm concerned I'll end up wearing my ass for a hat.
    I can't afford a good lawyer....thankfully the lil misses is pretty patient (and she shoots with me from time to time) so she's pretty darn good.

Basic Member
    Be careful of the ones that "shoot with you" - they may be practicing for another time.

When we go on our swamp hikes we each carry an AK47. I always make my 'ol lady take point.

Always.

Whatever you decide, be safe, have fun and enjoy.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1911cwp View Post
    Whatever you decide, be safe, have fun and enjoy.
    Sound advice.

If you go with the RCBS RockChucker Hornady makes a kit too use this kit for fast die changes #044099 RCBS Rock conversion kit, and 044093 die bushing kit am doing this on my press to load 300 BLK before i start using my Dillion 550B press

I must be doin something wrong,(eerrrr right I mean) my wife tells me to go down to the reloading room. 😉
    Sound advice from everybody here, Ive got a SS that Ive had for 15+ yrs and it still loads great rounds! Thinking about a progressive, only because of AR and pistols. Starting on SS is the way to go
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Be careful of the ones that "shoot with you" - they may be practicing for another time.

When we go on our swamp hikes we each carry an AK47. I always make my 'ol lady take point.

Always.
    But only she knows where she planted the Claymores.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

emtrescue6

Always.
    Have you put the firing pin back in yet?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    Have you put the firing pin back in yet?
    She would pick up on that right away. She hasn't figured out that I make ammo for her gun with spent primers.

emtrescue6
    She would pick up on that right away. She hasn't figured out that I make ammo for her gun with spent primers.
    OH MY......hahahahahaha! Now I have reason to keep all those spent primers I use to just toss.... thanks Frank!

BubbaLa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackevor View Post
    My first press about 6 years ago was the Lee 4 Hole turret press. Got it in a kit with dies, powder drop etc etc. At first I really liked the auto index feature, especially for 223 and pistol ammo. When I began reloading 30-06 I had to remove the auto index rod (one single philips screw) to get clearance and manually index.

Whats great about a turret, as stated previously, is you can have 4 dies set up at once and still use it as a single stage if you choose. I chose Lee because of cost, I was poor and loved to shoot but could barely afford even the lee equipment. Looking back I am glad I did, its not the most sophisticated equipment, but it is intelligently engineered so it can be very cost effective. Other than the case feeder on the Load master loading 223 I have had zero issues with any of my Lee presses, Load Master, Breech Lock single state or my 4 hole turret.

Turret press is a great start, begin slow as a single stage and then you can begin to add features like the auto index when you are comfortable and want to increase capacity. you can buy an auto shell ejector for the Lee index rod too so you only touch the case once to put it on. I have one, but since I have bought the load master I rarely use it.
    4 hole lee turret and for $26 get the safety prime set up

I got told to go out to the shop and reload something last night. So I did. 500 .223 cases primed then decided I had enough and grabbed a chair put my feet up on the tire of the Jeep and cracked a beer before falling asleep. Woke up at 5:30am to the dog scratching at the door. Only bad thing is the beer was still half full when I woke up.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12