Thread: Weaver one piece mount?

Basic Member

Weaver one piece mount?

I have an older 110 flat back that I am mounting a 6.5-20x50 vortex viper on. I need a one piece mount to get the scope back far enough. Was thinking of getting egw but I'd like somthing a little lower. Was thinking of this mount but not sure yet. Anyone use this one? Does it bring glass back far enough?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...E48442&src=sim

mazda3gun
    I use one similar to this on my 110 round back w/ Accutrigger. I know they make on for the flat back, they specifically asked me about it when I ordered mine. Allows for a TON of scope adjustment too! Long tubes and short tubes fit fine. I opted for the extended base for even more adjustment. I believe they do have MOA measurement options as well, if you need that.
    http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_ba...lti-slot_base/

paradactal
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    I use one similar to this on my 110 round back w/ Accutrigger. I know they make on for the flat back, they specifically asked me about it when I ordered mine. Allows for a TON of scope adjustment too! Long tubes and short tubes fit fine. I opted for the extended base for even more adjustment. I believe they do have MOA measurement options as well, if you need that.
    http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_ba...lti-slot_base/

Will that base for on a 110 flat back short action??

Looking for a base that will fit a Nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on a pre accutrigger flat back .243 LH. The tube on my 3x9x40 is too short. I see them for long action but will they fit short action. Not that educated yet so sorry for the repeated questions.

Basic Member
    I ended up going with an EGW rail.

Basic Member
    I installed Weavers long action flat back version (48442) on, (as you may have guessed), a long action flat back 110. It allowed me to place the scope as far back as I wanted. For half the price of an EGW base I would say it is well worth the money. Please keep in mind I'm not comparing it to the performance of an EGW base, but if your on a very tight budget you may want to look into one.

I have installed a EGW 0 MOA on my 338-06 and love it. While installing both the Weaver and EGW I took the time to bed them, not sure if it will help but thought I would give it a try.
    Last edited by olddav; 07-18-2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: additional info

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by paradactal View Post
    Will that base for on a 110 flat back short action??

Looking for a base that will fit a Nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on a pre accutrigger flat back .243 LH. The tube on my 3x9x40 is too short. I see them for long action but will they fit short action. Not that educated yet so sorry for the repeated questions.
    You're using the exact same scope(most likely) as I have on my 110. It's a round back, 0 MOA, long action, ext. length scope base. With Burris Zee High rings, it clears the obj bell just fine.

If the Weaver site is too hard to navigate, give them a call. They helped me get the exact piece I needed.
    I chose the Weaver over EGW because: a)I'm cheap, most times; b)I shoot a virtually plain 110 30-06 for freezer food and targets for fun, no long range precision or handloading. I mean, it's not like I could bend the base with my hands anyway. I seriously doubt normal hunting and range trips are gonna do that either.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olddav View Post
    I installed Weavers long action flat back version (48442) on, (as you may have guessed), a long action flat back 110. It allowed me to place the scope as far back as I wanted. For half the price of an EGW base I would say it is well worth the money. Please keep in mind I'm not comparing it to the performance of an EGW base, but if your on a very tight budget you may want to look into one.

I have installed a EGW 0 MOA on my 338-06 and love it. While installing both the Weaver and EGW I took the time to bed them, not sure if it will help but thought I would give it a try.

PM sent.

Basic Member
    PM replied