Thread: Need help identifing what I have.

old_plinker

Need help identifing what I have.

I just bough a Savage 110FP that has the internal center feed box, not a hinged floor plate or detachable mag. The rear of the receiver is flat, not rounded. Serial number starts with F35xxxx. Any idea how old this one is and where I can get a one piece 20 moa base for it?

Thanks

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by old_plinker View Post
    I just bough a Savage 110FP that has the internal center feed box, not a hinged floor plate or detachable mag. The rear of the receiver is flat, not rounded. Serial number starts with F35xxxx. Any idea how old this one is and where I can get a one piece 20 moa base for it?

Thanks
    EGW for the scope Base

old_plinker
    Next question;
    Can this center feed be converted to a detachable mag?

old_plinker
    Ok, I have figured out it was manufactured in 1994 and was made using a long action. It is center feed blind internal non removable box, chambered in .308. I still would like to know if it can be converted to a detachable mag. Anyone?

It is not a centerfeed but a staggered feed magazine. It can be done but would recommend using cdi bottom metal and let them inlet it as well.Then it will be super reliable.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

old_plinker
    Ok, thanks for the information.

old_plinker
    I finally mounted a scope on the 110 and put a few rounds through it. I must admit it shoots good, 4 shot group was less than 3/4" @ 100 yards.
    This 110 is a .308 on a long action with the flat rear receiver, very low round count. I'm considering going to Rem .260 caliber and want to use it out to 1k. So, I have questions.
    First, is the rifle worth spending money on or would the money be better spent on a newer model Savage?

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.