Thread: My first long range striker shot!

Rupe

My first long range striker shot!

A couple of weeks ago a few long range rifle shooters came out to my place for some long range shooting fun. The longest I had ever shot was 365 yards. Well with a lot of help I was able to hit a 9" target at (drum roll please)
    890. Yards! I was using the .270win barrel on my Striker shooting 130gr. Sierra Gamekings . What an exciting experience to shoot so far! Looks like I might just make it out to 1000 yards by summers end.
    If you haven't tried long range shooting with your Striker I in courage you to give it a try! It is truely a real kick in the pants!

Rupe

JCalhoun
    Sweet!

Rupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    Sweet!
    It was beyond sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupe View Post
    A couple of weeks ago a few long range rifle shooters came out to my place for some long range shooting fun. The longest I had ever shot was 365 yards. Well with a lot of help I was able to hit a 9" target at (drum roll please)
    890. Yards! I was using the .270win barrel on my Striker shooting 130gr. Sierra Gamekings . What an exciting experience to shoot so far! Looks like I might just make it out to 1000 yards by summers end.
    If you haven't tried long range shooting with your Striker I in courage you to give it a try! It is truely a real kick in the pants!

Rupe
    I would have to agree with you 100%. I shoot 1000yd steel plate matches at Rayner's Range which is a local gun range here in Ohio using Savage pistols. Targets vary in range from 235yds to 1000yds. Targets also vary in point value based on size. I compete against rifles on an even playing field and do very well against them. Last match I finished 15th out of 103. Here are a couple pictures of the pistols I compete with, one is chambered in 6x47 Lapua and one is chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua.

6x47 Lapua

6.5x47 Lapua

Rupe
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing and congrates on your 15th place finish!