I'm going to buy another centerfire rifle. I haven't had one in several years. In the past I've had a couple Savages, a 6PPC BR rifle, a Steven 200, Rem 788, and a few AR's (never could get to like them). I'll be shooting from the bench 95% of the time for my pleasure only trying for that one hole group that I'll never get. Probably go after groundhogs on a friends farm a few times annually. I'm 70 and have a little issue that makes shooting anything towards a .308 a not fun thing unless I wear a pad which I don't like to do. So, I'm looking at probably 6mm BR or 30 BR tops in caliber. Something in the .22 family would be better but I know the wind becomes more of an issue with that caliber.

I've been looking around and trying to decide between these:

Savage 12 Benchrest with Leupold 45x scope, 2 Krieger barrels (30 BR & .308) - $2,500 - lightly used - local sale
Savage BVSS in .223 - $832 (Bud's)
Savage 12FV in .223 - $571 (Bud's)

The first one is a stretch but I can do it knowing I would try to sell two barrels and buy a new one and probably change the bolt parts to .378" if that is doable. I would spend more money on the others for sure because I like to tinker with stuff and want very small groups.

I'd appreciate your input on the best (not cheap but don't waste money) option...

Thanks,
Hank