This is the end of a long and winding road like titled in the beatles.

I did not respect Savage Bolt Actions ever since 1972 when I was acquainting with the 77 Ruger, 700 Rem, and 70 Win. I wanted a 70 Win back then but I got a 700 Rem as my first rifle. I was aware of the Savage Bolt actions but the models and number or number never left enough of an imprint on me to recall.

I get this .250 Indian Head Model 14 just sitting brand new in a rack with its box in the back and no other like it to replace it.

I have the 93R .17 HMR Classic which is the FIRST RECENT bolt from SAVAGE I had bothered to look at (2006 or there about) since seeing the Stevens originals through the Savage Fox and the 110 and such. I never liked the looks of the 110 from the start. The bolt handle is absolutely rear without a rod of projection of the cylindrical bolt, there's a washer between the barrel and receiver that looks like some sort of car wrench would turn and after that I forgot what I was looking at.

I see, I mean I actually am in the presence within two yards (physically not optically) of a live and real Savage 93R Classic .17 HMR. The wood is easily the first attraction. Followed by the bluing on the metal. Gloss and fancy like a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe Countour barrel and Nikels German Factory mounted optic on mounts installed (personally--even with aluminum sheet cut as if a diamond was being perfected for aluminum shims--) for the same rifle and sighted in. That is what my 93R17 Classic did to me. It reminded me of a .240 Wby I just mentioned.

So my rimfire savage is as lovely as my newest 14 .250 Savage. You'd swear the same tree lost it's life to stock both. You'd swear the same man who put one together did the other one as well. I'd swear to it. On oath.

My 700s have been recalled with the XMP -- every single last one of them! That's FOUR model 700 Remingtons! Now I almost WISH I had the so called troubled trigger safety 700 some years EARLIER!

I love Winchesters past and present New Haven or Miroku or South Carolina. Seems this part of me (loyalty) to Winchester has always paid it forward (from Olin or New Haven or SC or Japan or Browning or whatever). So half of my armory is split with the Remingtons compared to the Winchester 70s (old or new). I remembered Marlin was sold to Remington and I had a wave of relief knowing that all of my Marlin centerfire and rimfire were original JM Marlins and have the barrel stamped that way.

I start to think about anything associated with these negative stories and outcomes. Then I think I don't really care about what others say compared to what I have done unless what they have done is at least what I have done with that rifle. Own it.