Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your groups!

goodolsavage

Show off your groups!

Just a tread for people to show off some of their groups!

goodolsavage
    Il be the first i guess 4 shots at 25 yards in the same .17 hole, not to shabby right?

Initial load work for my Target Action Specialty Pistol. Second pic is same load (roughly) 6 years later.

More shooting, less typing.

Your load has aged gracefully, my friend. What round are you shooting?

jb6.5
    http://postimg.org/image/w4aqa3jc5/

3 shots at 100 with my creedmoor

Quote Originally Posted by barrel-nut View Post
    Your load has aged gracefully, my friend. What round are you shooting?
    .243 Win with 105 Amax and 43.5 grains of Ramshot Hunter.
    More shooting, less typing.

This is one of my favorites, 5 shots at 100 yards, 110 .308.

Same rifle and load, 41.5 grain of IMR 4064 with the 168 SMK.

When the weather is real hot I have to take it down to 41.3 to keep it shooting like that.

goodolsavage
    Nice groups, what that at 100 yards?

goodolsavage

Show off your groups!

Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    Same rifle and load, 41.5 grain of IMR 4064 with the 168 SMK.

When the weather is real hot I have to take it down to 41.3 to keep it shooting like that.
    thats pretty freaking impressive. Thats accuracy international level right there!
    Last edited by goodolsavage; 06-22-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: typo

Yes 100 yards but I've put a lot of care and work into the rifle, it has a Shilen Select Match bull barrel, These Savage's will keep up with the best customs, when you have the right setup and load worked up. I've also spent alot of time behind the trigger since I started reloading for accuracy and joined here in 2010. They can shoot 1/4 minute but you've got to watch the wind carefully.

goodolsavage
    Yes 100 yards but I've put a lot of care and work into the rifle, it has a Shilen Select Match bull barrel, These Savage's will keep up with the best customs, when you have the right setup and load worked up. I've also spent alot of time behind the trigger since I started reloading for accuracy and joined here in 2010. They can shoot 1/4 minute but you've got to watch the wind carefully.
    What did it shoot when it was stock? I've heard the models 10,12 can shoot 1/2moa

Quote Originally Posted by goodolsavage View Post
    What did it shoot when it was stock? I've heard the models 10,12 can shoot 1/2moa
    It was a 110 .243 sporter that could shoot around 1MOA 3 shot groups with the factory loads it liked. By reloading for the same .243 I could get 1/2MOA.

On the other hand when my 10FP was factory new untouched it could get a little under 1/2 MOA with 168 FGMM 3 shot, but the factory barrels don't seem to hold good accuracy when long strings of fire are needed at competitions.

goodolsavage
    It was a 110 .243 sporter that could shoot around 1MOA 3 shot groups with the factory loads it liked. By reloading for the same .243 I could get 1/2MOA.

On the other hand when my 10FP was factory new untouched it could get a little under 1/2 MOA with 168 FGMM 3 shot, but the factory barrels don't seem to hold good accuracy when long strings of fire are needed at competitions.
    Thats pretty respectable even for a semi custom rifle and savage rifles get them with stock barrels, i own a 93r17BV and at 25 yards it comes out to be atleast a .6 moa but thats only because at 25 yards a .17 hole equals to about that

jb6.5
    http://postimg.org/image/ydc92gatv/full/

This is my 223 5 shots at 100. It's all stock but I did do some work to it. Shooting 52 gr sierra mk over 26 gr of varget.

goodolsavage
    Quote Originally Posted by jb6.5 View Post
    http://postimg.org/image/ydc92gatv/full/

This is my 223 5 shots at 100. It's all stock but I did do some work to it. Shooting 52 gr sierra mk over 26 gr of varget.
    god ****.. Are you shooting some target rifle or somthing? Thats very respectable

jb6.5
    No, lol. It's a model 12 fv. It shot around an inch when I got it, figured I could get more out of it. Didnt think it would be this much. It shoots the same every time if I don't screw it up.

goodolsavage
    You said you done some work to it, you talkig about the gun or load?

jb6.5
    The gun. I done a trigger job, lapped the lugs, lapped the recoil lug with the face of the receiver, and the barrel nut to the recoil lug, set the barrel back to a minimum hs, recrowned it and bedded it.

goodolsavage
    I bet its pretty smooth, ever thought about getting a match grade barrel? Wonder if the lapped stock barrel would be better

jb6.5
    I put a shaw on my creedmoor. It's gonna shoot just about as good. But I did more to the action on it.

goodolsavage
    Quote Originally Posted by jb6.5 View Post
    I put a shaw on my creedmoor. It's gonna shoot just about as good. But I did more to the action on it.
    I know this is slightly off topic but ever heard of a k31?

jb6.5
    Can't say that I have

goodolsavage
    Swiss rifle from 1931-53 i think. I guess theirs the "match rifles of the war" known for their accuracy. Anyway, if you like the vintage war rifles pick one up and order some Gp11, its reletivly cheap and with irons theyre capable of sub moa with surplus gp11. There's a guy i kind of know that gets 1/3 moa with a scope out of his. Also there is a guy on youtube who does 1 mile shots with his with irons. Look it up? Very well made. And under the buttplate there should be a peice of paper with the name and info on who it was issues to

jb6.5
    That's cool stuff. I'm planning on building some rifles when my ffl's get finished up. I might have to check em out.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast