Thread: 12 FLV replacement stock?

theflatlander

12 FLV replacement stock?

I should have my new .223 12flv in two weeks. this is a left handed rifle. Im going to end up switching out the stock right away. This gun is primairly going to be use for prairie dogs in mid-day heat with the sun beating on it all day. So I think having a black stock isnt the best route to go. Im not sure if i want another type of synthetic or a laminate. i have been looking at theese following laminate stocks and im very intrested in them but do not know much about. So I hope someone on this site has used one. http://rifle-stocks.com/wildcatthumbhole.htm and http://rifle-stocks.com/tactical_thumbhole.htm been looking at both in in tigerwood (walnut and maple blend) i will either be shooting prone or kneeling. I do plan on using a bipod when prone. i guess im just looking to see if im going to have to do much work to install after i receive and if they are a comfortable stock shoot with all day? i dont really know what synthetics to look at in if left hand. any suggestions appreciated. thanks guys

pphreed

Re: 12 FLV replacement stock?

I had 2 of them sold one both on 22-250s I like the stock the comb is high enoughfor me to line upe with the scope mine is on a 28 in bull barrel mauser action so it isbn't bad to shoot heavy enough to hold the recoil down all in all I like the stock there is some work involved in the finishing they come kinda rough but you can finish it as well as you like deoending on how picky you are I have had a few complements on mine and I am not overly picky by anymeans