Thread: Remage conversion

Remage conversion

What kinda luck are you all having that have done the conversion? I did a search and didnt find alot. Just curious if you are having similar accuracy and such compared to the real deal (savages :)). I happen to have one here that never gets used, thought it might be a good candidate for a convert.
    Thanks
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Go for it, they older 700 for some reason come out better, fit and accuracy and a few other things, I have several of them and they are all awesome Rigs, but I like my Savages better, here is one example of mine, it is a 338 EDGE with a 32" mcgowen 10 twist with a break and a Stocky's Stock, and a SWFA 20 Power with Burris rings and 20 MOA inserts, I love to shoot Barnes 160 TTSX with 105gr of RL17 @ 4200FPS [IMG][/IMG]
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Thanks Dean....
    But how did I know that your post would include something with crazy stupid velocities :) Thanks for the input....its a SA 22-250...several ways I could go with it...was thinkn 6.5-284, 6mm ackley....hmm just not sure, it wont be soon but its there when I decide to.
    Scooter

I always include they info, so to avoid the 20 PMs that will follow asking about it , I also have a 22-250 in a Remage setup, it was a VSSF to begin with.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Btw...the Edge looks really good, forgot to put that in my 1st post....Im not sure you need to put the info...anything you have you should post....wicked fast...lol
    I like my 250s, one is that rem 700, other is the first rifle I bought. Savage 112 22-250, heavy barrel, cant even remember the letters. It was all I could afford then, and its always shot lights out. Completely stock and stays in 1/2in range.
    For the stocks, is pretty much all you need to do is remove the material to fit the barrel nut right?
    Thanks
    Scooter

That all I needed to remove.

Dean

Sweet...shouldnt be much of a problem then...hopefully! This rifle building thing is addicting. I dont even have my 1st one together yet and my minds nonstop on what I can do after its done lol. I just bought an action from a guy in the classifieds. Its a magnum bolt face so I may need to pick your brain if I decide to go with a powder keg case :)
    Scooter

264 WinMag so you can send sierra 107gr BTHP @ 3800Fps, 120gr@ 3500Fps, and 140s @ 3200Fps, that will cover all your bases, that or 257 Weatherby 85gr Noslers @4000 Fps, and only use neck down 7mm RemMag or 264 WinMag brass from the get go, so you do not have to use expensive Weatherby brass, they are only .50 thou shorter but will grow to length after a few firings.

Dean