Thread: Savage 110 flat back

arkcommander

Savage 110 flat back

I have an savage 110 7mm rem mag flat back and was thinking bout re barreling it to a 300 win mag. Looks like the bolt heads are the same I believe so all I'll have to do is the barrel? I've found a ER Shaw barrel with small shank will that work on my gun and is that a decent barrel? All the gun will be used for is little hunting and targeting shoots good just wanting to play with it a little bit. Need all the advice and help I can get thanks

Basic Member
    Many that reload have had good luck with ER Shaw barrels (1/2MOA and some better). Some say they dirty a little faster than the match grade barrels, but they do shoot. If it's just general hunting and target shooting I would probably go that route myself.

arkcommander
    I bought the gun last year just to build and put a Nikon buckmaster and one piece mount on it. The gun shoots pretty good I was hoping to put barrel and stock on it to improve it a little. So the small shank barrel will work on my action?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkcommander View Post
    So the small shank barrel will work on my action?
    When that rifle was made they were all 1.055" small shank barrels/actions. The larger 1.120" large shanks didn't arrive until 2002.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.