So, got the new LRP 243 to the prairie dog fields end of May. We had a blast as usual. The LRP shot up a storm and beyond the usual failure to cock/fire with the target accutrigger, things were generally good. My biggest issue with the flat bottom Hs Precision stock is that it's difficult to manage elevation changes with a small rear bag. I found myself having to manage the rear of the stock with my shoulder rather than just sliding the bag front to rear to change barrel elevation between varying ranges. I know there is a reason for the buttstock being flat at rear, but I don't know what the reason is. My specific question is: If I attempt to modify the bottom of the rear of stock, what will I be looking at? I thinking of cutting from the pistol grip area some amount to nothing at the buttpad. Will I be looking at open foam?

I'm not opposed to restocking the thing and selling the Hs stock. It looks like my choices are kind of limited because of the barrel channel and DBM. Limited in the sense that money is an issue.