Thread: I bought a mod 64

davy fireball

Smile I bought a mod 64

I bought a model 64.Granddaughter wanted to shoot it but it was too big for her. I live in a small town so after many trips to the dump. I found it. Someone threw away a walnut kitchen table I loaded it up in the old pickup got it home and proceeded to carve on it. My granddaughter is 54 inches tall So I made the stock to fit her. When I was done the rifle stock was the same size as a BB gun. And I did a lot of measuring the barrel is free floating. I didn't cut the barrel down because I figured a scope would weigh more than the 4" of barrel and didn't know how to cut another dove tail. Needless to say she was happier than than a tick on a fat coon hound. I looked everywhere couldn't find any body that made a stock for this model I'm 64 years old and don't know how to post a picture of it

mazda3gun
    I have a Mod. 64 as well! Love that little rifle!

That's awesome that you made a custom stock too. Definitely adds to the unique factor!

These folks make a few aftermarket stocks if she would ever want something different. www.boydsgunstocks.com
    Of course you would have to adjust it for length of pull though.

For further mods to the rifle, check these guys out too:
    www.diproductsinc.com
    www.egwguns.com
    Last edited by mazda3gun; 06-06-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added another web address

mazda3gun
    Also, see this thread: http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...om-Metal/page2

You can use the forum's 'Search' function in the top right to look up any other threads as well! Becoming a Paid Member has a lot of benefits too, something to look into.
    Welcome to the site!

fartsinpublic
    And the trigger can be improved by Mike's kit: http://mcarbo.com/savage-64.htm

davy fireball
    Thanks for your reply: Boyds has a very pretty gun stock. I really did look at that sight but didn't see the mod 64 until now. Maybe it was a recent acquirement.

fartsinpublic
    They just recently added the Model 64 to the lineup.

Basic Member
    I have a mod 64 as well... I actually prefer my marlin guide gun. But it's a fun rifle for sure!

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by fartsinpublic View Post
    And the trigger can be improved by Mike's kit: http://mcarbo.com/savage-64.htm
    Forgot about that one! But, I figured you'd see this post and help a B-Nut Brother out! :)