Thread: 6mm rem ai

rwk

6mm rem ai

Any one have any good loads for this cal., mostly it willo be use for deer, 85 to 95 gr. bullets, Barrnes or nosler partions.

kslefty

Re: 6mm rem ai

Do you have access to a sierra manual? I shoot a 6mm AI but honestly mainly use the 107gr SMK and IMR4831 powder. I do have a good load using RL19 and 70gr bullets for fireform loads, if you do not have access to this manual I can look up some data for you later this weekend, they will of course be Sierra bullets but the weights will be the same.

phantom

I am not shooting the AI, but I am shooting the 6mm with a 1:8.5 twist barrel that will handle the 100 - 107's. What I found was the fast rate of twist that I am shooting will not let me go much over 3k pfs and still get a bullet to the target, it blows up about 80 yards out. I am presently shooting the 107 SMK with 39.5 gr. of H-4350, and it will get to the 600 yard line with impressive results. I have found with another caliber that I have in .224 that the Hornady bullets seem to withstand the high rate of rotation better, and I am going to give them a try as soon as the weather will comply . . . ;D

It is a trial and error with the bullets and the powders, I have a data base full of loads with different bullets and powders and primers . . the load above is where it finally settled down to.

Basic Member

Here is a link that has some very good data for the 6AI. http://www.angelfire.com/sd/6mmackley/

Personally RE-19 and RE-22 work very good in mine with 100-107s. IMR4007SSC was very good with 75 VMaxs. Some was IMR4831.

Luck in your choice, Tim

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.