Thread: New rifle joins the family.....

Basic Member

New rifle joins the family.....

So yesterday afternoon I stopped by my local pawn shop to see if they had gotten in any new 6.5 bullets. Well none had arrived so as I was talking with the guy who works there I see this shinny new Model 110 on 30-06 in a wooden stock. Long story short I went in for bullets and left with a rifle that I dong need.... well as we all know need is a relative term. If its been shot at all I sure cant tell. I will be able to tell more about it once I get it home and all taken apart and cleaned up. Gotta love layaway.

I thinking that I am going to leave it alone other than bedding the wooden stock as I dont have a 30-06 right now. But I also may turn it into a 6.5-06 down the road.

They did have another rifle in the rack that was a 270 that they wanted 225 bucks for and I got all excited at the endless possibilities, but as I was looking at it I noticed that the scope bases were part of the action. I ahave never seen this and didnt know that Savage ever did this. Have any one of you seen this? How popular was that model?
    MOAON AABE

Werewolf
    I bought one once that had the integral bases ( didn't know til I got it). If you are lucky they are perfectly aligned to the bore. If you are like me you run out of adjustment on the scope trying to sight in cause they are so crooked. Savage didn't do that for very many years, probably because it sucked. I had a smith remove them and drill the action normally while he trued it.