Got a .243win in an old 110E action. It is fitted for the small magazine, but it basically is the same action as my 7mmRM. Stock is the plastic factory one.

I was able to try it about a month ago with without making any changes to it and after zeroing in a Vortex Diamondback scope 4-12x40mm BDC I was able to put 3 bullets in about 1 inch at 100yds off sandbags. Then I rang some steel pigs at 200 and 250yds. This was all done with "Federal Deer Thugs" 100gr soft points. I have not really tried a box test with the gun or scope, but there was no noticeable change in POI with magnification changes and it tracked as expected when zeroing it.

Knowing from reading here that factory stocks are somewhat flimsy, I planned to bed the stock and forearm. In the long a good aftermarket stock will be obtained, but decided to tinker, customize and play with this one. I do like the look of the spray on job they had done with it. Read most of what was available through google and here for forearm stiffening and decided that bedding some rods should work.

I have also been thinking about shortening the forearm by about 2" removing the front "well" and moving the sling attachments point back to remove potential flex.

I ordered some Grovtec flush cups and 1 1/4"swivels (http://www.grovtec.com/catalog/gt-sw...t-gtsw-295-78/, and decided to put on L side of stock for carrying flat, if it makes it to the woods. I also though about dremelling a little on the grip and adding a palm swell to it.

It may become a sleeper gun if I can make reloads work... with my (gulp) Lee Dies and Sierra 100gr flat base seconds.

So off I went...