Well,
I got out last weekend with my new to me Savage Predator in 223. I bought it used off of gunbroker a couple weeks back for a deal I couldn't pass up. The rifle probably didn't have 100 rounds through it, but did have some rough handling marks on the camo.

I test fired some factory remington 55gr FMJ, factory PMC 55gr FMJ, handloaded Hornady 55gr JSP w/c over H322 and IMR 3031, and the last loads I tested were handloaded Sierra 69gr matchkings over Ramshot TAC.

The factory FMJ's were just to try out. The Hornady JSP's were shot because I have plenty of them and wanted to get rid of those H322 and IMR 3031 powders. My real hopes were to see how the matchkings & TAC shot.

I'll post pictures later, but the only rounds that shot under 1 MOA at 100 yards were the 69gr matchkings. I was able to hit targets out to 700 yards with them, but they were bigger targets and it wasn't that great of a group at 100 yards.

About how many rounds does it take to get a Savage barrel broken in with? I put 100 or so through it, but wanted to know what you all thought. In any case I think the rifle and handloads are capable to do better than what they did. I need to take some more material off the inside of the stock to make sure it's free floating, but everything else is great.