Thread: Model 10 Predator Scope Base

TiEnv700

Model 10 Predator Scope Base

I recently got a Savage Model 10 Predator and went by my local shop to get mounts/rings and to mount/bore sight the scope. I left the rifle at the shop while they finished up the job and returned later to pick it up. It was not until I got home that I realized that the back of the scope base did not attach using both of the holes in the action. Why is this? Is the base the wrong one for a model 10 predator?

COplains
    that looks to be a really bone head thing your smith did....probably because he could not get the right set back with those bases. He should have at least pointed it out. Get a one piece base, if your scope is a short body take a look at the Weaver Offset rings (I use both front and rear on one setup I have), and rings to match up. My short opinion.

Basic Member
    I can't say it's wrong but I can say I don't like it. Would prefer to have a mount that used two screws.

TiEnv700
    That was exactly my issue. The scope is a nikon buckmasters 3-9x50 I am thinking about a dnz game reaper one piece mount.

TiEnv700
    The packaging for the base I selected is shown in the pic. Does this rifle need a 10 short action round receiver base or is there another piece to this puzzle?

I have a couple with Leupold bases and rings and they only have one screw hole. They probably used the forward hole to acomadate the length of your scope. It should not affect your accuracy.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

I don't know why but Leupold does this and to more than just Savage with the one piece base. I have some as well. The two piece will use both holes.
    More shooting, less typing.

bremereric
    You could get some Weaver two hole bases and then go with some better two hole scope rings.

TiEnv700
    Thanks for all the input. I ended up getting a DNZ Game Reaper one piece mount and rings today to replace the Leupold.