Thread: Base and ring recommendations 50mm bell for mark ii

Alby mangles

Base and ring recommendations 50mm bell for mark ii

Hi all
    I have a mark ii bsev and have just bought a mueller 8.5-25x 50 eraticator for benchrest.
    my question is:
    what base and ring combinations do u guys and gals recommend for this?

im considering the weaver #s45 because of its higher clearance
    i was looking at the egw picatinny but I'm not sure if it will help with raising the height any.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Alby mangles

Hi Alby,
    I bit the bullet and purchased a high-mount DNZ Game Reaper for a Konus 6-24x50 scope on my FV. Been extremely happy with 2 other DNZs on different rifles, as the one piece design takes the guesswork out if mounting scopes. Having trouble removing the standard scope mounts though, as my Allen wrenches don't seem to fit the screw. Please let me know what size wrench you used when you finally get yours off...
    Ron

I've got one of the Muellers with the 44 bell coming and will do some measuring for you this week. I have both the factory and EGW rail pieces and some medium mounts coming. This is on an BTV rifle with the heavy barrel.

Joe
    Savage 10 FCP-K with Bushnell 3.5-21x50 scope, lots of SIG Pistols.

I had to use the EGW rail to get the scope forward enough for eye relief. Could not have done that with the two factory rail pieces. The EGW rail adds some height so I did not need the medium height scope rings. I used the vertically split rings that come with an Ultradot 30mm scope and they fit fine. The 44 mm bell still has a 1/4" clearance so this stacks up nicely. I will measure the OD of the scope for you tomorrow. It is larger than 44. The 44 is the glass od, not the scope bell OD. Also keep in mind that there are two different EGW rails, one for a 1-5/8" ejection port and one for a 1-3/8" ejection port. The late guns have a 1-5/8" ejection port length. That is what I ordered and it fits perfectly. Screws come with it and were the correct length.

Skyblue, the factory mount screws will require an English size Allen wrench, not a metric one.

Joe

Thanks a lot, Joe! I thought my set had both Metric and SAE sizes, but apparently not, lol. Picking up an SAE set this week and hoping to mount the Konus soon!

I put the new Mueller 8-32x44 scope on with the EGW 1-5/8" ejection port rail and the rings from an Ultradot. The bell measures 2" OD for the 44 mm lens, so about 51 mm for the bell. There is still a bunch of clearance, even with the 3/8" or so Ultradot rings. I could have gone with "low" rings. Here are some photos for reference.

And the best target from last night.

Joe