Thread: How-to questions with first Savage

Jigsisme

How-to questions with first Savage

Ok, so I bought my first Savage, a 10p 308 from grabagun (which was fast, easy, and fairly cheap!). I want to "piece" it together before I put rounds down range but need some help with info regarding the stock. I want to get a B&C Medalist either a 2 or 5. For each of these models what do I need to know before I order. This specific 10p has a detachable mag and the bolt release is forward of the trigger. I know if I want to keep the mag I have to get it inletted (already talked to CDI) but if I want to go blind mag what do I need? I've got more questions but thats it for now. Appreciated

Team Savage
    You have a Savage SA center feed action with DBM and bottom bolt release. So if you want to want to go with a blind magazine stock you need Savage SA center feed stock with (4.40") bolt spacing. You can remove the bottom plate from your current DBM and use the magazine box and follower in a SA CF blind magazine stock. You will also need the longer front stock screw. I am not familiar with a B&C Medalist, so I don't know if they are available with center feed stock bolt spacing and inletting for the DBM frame assembly (surround). But someone will chime in to answer you question.

jetracer013
    I have the same gun and recently changed to the Choate stock. I could not find a B&C that would work without being sent out for inletting or changing the bottom metal. I have a B&C on a 10/22 and it is of similar quality to the Choate.

badmutha6
    I personally love the B&C Tac Medalist 2 on my 11 Hog Hunter. I sent it for inletting to CDI which was not very expensive (for only the inletting) and such and I really like it. My thoughts though are that if you are going to get the Medalist and its a great stock, I would probably not do the inletting because for the same price as the stock and shipping and bottom metal and inletting and shipping, you can get one of the chassis systems. I do love my stock and its proven to be a great shooter, just think I'd go the other route next time.