Bought one of the 11VTs from Dick's recently. It is the 308 heavy. Want to play with some long range shooting and specifically range distancing scopes. The first real money I want to put into is a scope. Still doing research on that aspect.

In the mean time, I don't care for the stock flex. Know the preferred route is to just get an aftermarket, but I am not enamored of either the 11 options, or some of the prices. Plus, I want to 'try' some different things on a project stock - the factory original - to see exactly what I like and don't. So, I am going to start with the aluminum rod/epoxy forearm stiffening and see how that goes. Know a few of you have and most say it is a waste of time. Hopefully it will give me some of what I am looking for until I really decide what I want for a stock.

Also plan to put some texture paint on the stock in places, add an adjustable cheek piece and alter the pistol grip area some. May add a rear monopod as well. Will be very inexpensive to play with options, and any bolt on stuff will always transfer, so no wasted $ there...

If anyone is interested in pics, let me know.